Airtel Offers 12 Months of Free Data to Customers Switching to Its 4G Network.

• Thread starter Saj 007
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 2,152

Saj 007

Reaction score
Airtel Offers 12 Months of Free Data to Customers Switching to Its 4G Network...

Airtel on Tuesday unveiled an offer under which users can avail of free mobile data for 12 months, worth up to Rs. 9,000. The offer is meant to attract users to the Airtel 4G network, and is targeted 4G handset users currently on different networks as well as Airtel customers upgrading to a new 4G handset.
The telecom operator said the offer will be available across India starting Wednesday, and will be valid till February 28. Under the offer, customers will get 3GB of free data every month till December 31, 2017, as long as they are using select prepaid and postpaid plans. The free data will be available over and above the subscribed plan's benefits.
Starting with prepaid users, Airtel says subscribers will get 3GB of free data with every Rs. 345 recharge, which offers free local and STD calls to any network in India as well as 1GB of data per monthly cycle. This, the company says, implies customers get 4GB of data of month. Customers can avail of the additional 3GB of data benefit via the MyAirtel app, and says data benefits on subsequent recharges will be instant. Airtel specifies that the pack benefits will be valid for 28 days and can be availed for a maximum of 13 recharges till December 31, 2017.
As for postpaid users, the 3GB free data per month offer can be availed if subscribers opt for any MyPlan Infinity plan, which includes local/ STD/ roaming calling benefits, bundled data, some free SMS, as well as free subscription to Wynk Music and Wynk Movies. Postpaid customers can claim the free data through MyAirtel App.

The company specifies that pack prices may vary from circle to circle, and customers can only avail the 3GB data per month offer only within the first 30 days of purchasing or upgrading to a new 4G handset.
Commenting on the newly launched offer, Ajai Puri, Director - Market Operations, Bharti Airtel, said, "We are inviting customers to experience 4G through the year on India's fastest network. We are seeing increasing penetration of 4G handsets across the country and believe that this attractive offer will provide an opportunity to more and more customers to enjoy high speed broadband on their devices with Airtel."

Airtel Offers 12 Months of Free Data to Customers Switching to Its 4G Network | NDTV Gadgets360.com

I wanted port in Airtel. But Airtel customer care said my no was in Airtel network. So i have to paid extra 100 / ₹ now i will port in Idea from Vodafone

How can it be free data if subscribers have to pay ₹345 per month for getting that extra 3 GB ? :dodgy 

They should call it 3 GB extra data with that 1 GB pack. Another example of deceptive advertising from Airtel  :angry :angry

Sarkar said:
How can it be free data if subscribers have to pay ₹345 per month for getting that extra 3 GB ? :dodgy 

They should call it 3 GB extra data with that 1 GB pack. Another example of deceptive advertising from Airtel  :angry :angry
This depends on how you see it... Pepsodent offers free brush with paste, do you say it's not free because you pay for the paste.

This is how the companies term FREE. I would say this is still a good offer.

Read the headline of this news. It seems you don't have to pay anything and airtel will give free data for 12 months if you just upgrade to 4G. The problem is that our regulator does not exist. How can they approve such ads.

Sarkar said:
Read the headline of this news. It seems you don't have to pay anything and airtel will give free data for 12 months if you just upgrade to 4G. The problem is that our regulator does not exist. How can they approve such ads.
Agree. That's a mistake but not airtel's... I want to see the offer in airtel website. It should be a problem with the article for giving such deceptive head lines... To make people read.. Not airtel... Do you have the source of airtel website?

thisisjagan said:
Agree. That's a mistake but not airtel's... I want to see the offer in airtel website. It should be a problem with the article for giving such deceptive head lines... To make people read.. Not airtel... Do you have the source of airtel website?

Here you go

Cdapture.png

One more thing. Can you tell me how they get this 9K figure for 4GB data for 1 year ? And one more thing is though they mention T&C in ad banner but they disabled the link so you cannot check what are the terms and conditions unless you call CC. It's clear cheating.

According to airtel site without any offer 5.5 GB data costs Rs 655. So for 1 year total = Rs 7860 for 66 GB.

So Form where airtel get this 9K figure for 4GB*12=48 GB for 1 year

You are behaving like a marketing officer of Airtel. :dodgy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock