Sad News Airtel is the most unethical telecom provider in the country.

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 149
  • Views: Views 17,942
I don't know but have seen some unusual things many times using Airtel

Like in my office my colleague has Airtel Postpaid while I am having Airtel Prepaid and his internet is always flying, even giving speeds like 15 to 20 Mbps while mine just struggles to even load a webpage and same thing I have noticed in my flat also with my 2 roomates postpaid number, are they providing better bandwidths to postpaid users, is there any way to do this?

And not just me, I have seen other Prepaid users also face same thing.
Yes, this should be possible and easy as well.

At my state airtel is having a major issue in volte... Every time i call a number it won't connect at first attempt, it plays the message- the number you are calling is incorrect kindly check the number you have dialled, and at the very next attempt the call connects easily. This is going on for the past 6 months, even after complaining they didn't do anything.. Don't know about postpaid but prepaid users are having this issue here.

They were not like this before. Their service was top of the line when they were charging high. After Jio's entry, they became worse as the days progressed. I'm not sure if it's because of the cheaper plans they had to offer to counter Jio!! That is not an excuse though, as Jio and Vodafone are able to provide truly unlimited voice calls.
I disagree they are looting people from Day1

I don't know but have seen some unusual things many times using Airtel

Like in my office my colleague has Airtel Postpaid while I am having Airtel Prepaid and his internet is always flying, even giving speeds like 15 to 20 Mbps while mine just struggles to even load a webpage and same thing I have noticed in my flat also with my 2 roomates postpaid number, are they providing better bandwidths to postpaid users, is there any way to do this?

And not just me, I have seen other Prepaid users also face same thing.
I have experienced the same thing when I moved out of Airtel postpaid after 3 years to the prepaid plan. The speed drop was prominent enough that I had to opt for MNP to Vodafone. And to my sweet surprise, their net speed is as bad as Airtel. Now I don't know, where I should switch..

Last edited:
No I don't know, where I should switch..
This is exactly why i am staying with Airtel. Their app shows exact data usage, recharge option works well. Jio is not viable option considering its speed here. Same with Vodafone Idea. BSNL 4G gives good speed but USSD code can't show data usage mostly it fails. MyBSNL app is crap. So only i will get little improvement on speed with a huge breakage on services further.

Airtel 4G gives 8-13 Mbps at peak hours here so browsing, streaming isn't an issue. Jio however is so over crowded.

Without reading full thread discussion, Only by reading title of this thread, I am 101% agree.

This is exactly why i am staying with Airtel. Their app shows exact data usage, recharge option works well. Jio is not viable option considering its speed here. Same with Vodafone Idea. BSNL 4G gives good speed but USSD code can't show data usage mostly it fails. MyBSNL app is crap. So only i will get little improvement on speed with a huge breakage on services further.

Airtel 4G gives 8-13 Mbps at peak hours here so browsing, streaming isn't an issue. Jio however is so over crowded.
Yes. Jio will no suffice my needs with the pathetic speeds. Used Airtel for years just because of good data speeds. But now a days BSNL 3G performs better sometimes. Waiting for 4G services CES of BSNL to start in Kolkata circle. Will move at the earliest.

Mine not facing any issues. Coz mine , only use it for WhatsApp, call with spouse, and DDF........ otherwise I using my shop, Vodafone postpaid to call mostly. And all networks have some issues.

Last edited:

If you dial 1299. Jio gives you accurate data balance.
I disagree they are looting people from Day1
Looting? Apart from charging for landline and emergency calls. I don't see them looting. But myself looting them. Look at their offering. For ₹299 I got 2.5 GB data per day for 28 days + 10 GB day + Wynk Music (unlimited downloads with ads) + Hello Tunes + Hooq Premium + Zee5 Premium + Hoichoi + Amazon Prime membership. I am saving atleast ₹500 bucks on OTT subscription. Hello Tune for some reason is not working yet. But still Airtel's plans and offering are more attractive than Jio's plan. Meanwhile Jio Cinema has most yesteryear movies and movies from its own studio. Jio Saavn is chargeable. Jio nowadays only offers free sports from Hotstar and live tv. Apart from cricket and live tv Jio doesn't have anything to offer. Also everything Airtel offers including live tv works on wifi too.
Edit - Jio Magazines are also chargeable after first 30 days nowadays.

Last edited:
Airtel services are bad from the start. They deducted my balance many times without any reason. Sometimes they started hello tunes automatically without permission. So now I changed my operator to Jio. Now Im fully satisfied, speed of airtel and jio are equal here. I think services of Jio are topclass. Jio Apps are Superb, jiotv provides more Channels, Jio Mags provides more ebooks than airtel.
Jio cinema provides more content than Airtel and If i miss something on jio cinema then I use airtel TV. Because airtel DTH user can use airtel TV without airtel SIM.
I can watch IPL, WC anytime anywhere with Jio.
My second number is BSNL. Speed of BSNL is superb here even in 3g 😍

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock