Sad News Airtel is the most unethical telecom provider in the country.

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 149
  • Views: Views 17,857

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I am on unlimited plan. I am still being charged for calling emergency number which 1912 which is my state's electricity board number. Supposedly my lane sets on fire. I will have to do 'dus rupiya ka recharge' to called electricity board for safety. I already complained about this on December 2017. Ever since then they notify user that they would be charged ₹1 per minute before connecting the call. But I still find it unethical when it's free on other operator. Even customer service is clueless about landline numbers be covered on unlimited plan or not.

Strongly agree with you. My electricity board number is also 1912 and I also get same message. Call gets disconnected after that because my balance is zero as I am on unlimited plan. If I call same number from Jio it works without any issues

Strongly agree with you. My electricity board number is also 1912 and I also get same message. Call gets disconnected after that because my balance is zero as I am on unlimited plan. If I call same number from Jio it works without any issues
It's free on Vodafone too.

Can't agree more. I have been chasing them from months for simple issue yet they do not understand and do unnecessary arguments like asking for screenshots multiple times. Worst operator.

They were not like this before. Their service was top of the line when they were charging high. After Jio's entry, they became worse as the days progressed. I'm not sure if it's because of the cheaper plans they had to offer to counter Jio!! That is not an excuse though, as Jio and Vodafone are able to provide truly unlimited voice calls.

Can' agree more. I have been chasing them from months for simple issue yet they do not understand and do unnecessary arguments like asking for screenshots multiple times. Worst operator.
I had two wrost experiences with Airtel.

First one is around 5 years back I was using Airtel BB and was on unlimited 512 KBPS unlimited pack for no reason they changed my plan to limited one and sent me a 10K bill and when I told them that it's their mistakes they were rude like hell. After I complained to consumer forum they accepted.

Second one is just a few months back when Airtel introduced their thanks and premium benefits. I was on unlimited pack and should get that benefits at that time but wasn't because was on old recharge and when I called their dumb CC they just said problem will be solved but it got only solved after new recharge cycle.

If they continue like this they will reach on the same fate as BSNL.

They were not like this before. Their service was top of the line when they were charging high. After Jio's entry, they became worse as the days progressed. I'm not sure if it's because of the cheaper plans they had to offer to counter Jio!! That is not an excuse though, as Jio and Vodafone are able to provide truly unlimited voice calls.
For me Before JIO too they were like that only.
Just because of speed I am using Airtel.

Yes. Their old website had old gen look but their complaint submit page used to work so well. You just select a few things, write your complaint, get a call within next day and issue solved. Now all went haywire. Dumb people sitting with no interest to help users on issues. Just do time pass.

I don't know but have seen some unusual things many times using Airtel

Like in my office my colleague has Airtel Postpaid while I am having Airtel Prepaid and his internet is always flying, even giving speeds like 15 to 20 Mbps while mine just struggles to even load a webpage and same thing I have noticed in my flat also with my 2 roomates postpaid number, are they providing better bandwidths to postpaid users, is there any way to do this?

And not just me, I have seen other Prepaid users also face same thing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock