Sad News Airtel is the most unethical telecom provider in the country.

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 149
  • Views: Views 17,940
How long SIM card will be active, if we won't recharge and having main balance along with disabling the auto debit option.
I have written to Airtel Customer Care and got a response in writing (Email).
Airtel continues to maintain TRAI Guidelines. Hence, if you do not recharge, and disable auto-debit option, then the following occurs:

1) If no chargeable activity or recharge is observed for a continuous period of 90 days, an amount of Rs 20 will be deducted from main balance, and validity will be extended by 30 days. This will continue until such time the balance falls below Rs 20.
2) If your balance is below Rs 20 and there has been no chargeable activity or recharge for a continuous period of 90 days, the number will be permanently deactivated. Telcos usually send warning SMS texts before taking such a stern step.
3) Even if the number is permanently deactivated, TRAI Guidelines provide options to claim it within a stipulated grace period.

Note:
Chargeable Activity is defined as any activity that deducts an amount from your balance (main / promo balance)
Recharge is defined as any valid recharge for that particular telco and circle.

Refer the TRAI Handbook at the link:
https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/TRAI_Handbook_2018_Eng.pdf

Excerpts:
Deactivation of a mobile connection due to non-usage:
1) No Prepaid mobile connection shall be deactivated on account of non-usage for a minimum period of 90 days.
2) Non-usage means absence of any incoming or outgoing call or outgoing SMS or data session or usage or value added services or payment of rental.
3) Beyond 90 days, an amount not exceeding Rs 20 shall be deducted from the Pre-paid account, if balance is available, for extension of the period of non-usage by 30 days at a time.

Grace period for reactivation:
A subscriber whose connection is deactivated shall be given a minimum grace period of 15 days within which he can reactivate the same number by paying an amount not exceeding Rs.20.

XZSRImJ.png

Made call an hour ago.

They send this very often. Despite me making calls via my Airtel number once or twice a week.
Yes, I treat this as SPAM. This is stupid unethical threatening of discontinuing services. Unaware customers might be making calls / recharging with the fear of getting disconnected. This happens in postpaid as well, even if number is being used frequently.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock