Sad News Airtel has reduced incoming validity from 7 days to 3 days after a plan expires

• Thread starter Thread starter Siddarth27
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 27
  • Views Views: Views 1,553
No. I will NEVER ever accept this point. They are anti-consumer for decades, not now.

They are just testing the waters now. If Jio and VoId follows the same, then in the coming days, Airtel will make changes such that there will be no extra incoming days after the plan expiry.
Jio at least has the courtesy to continue ur incoming calls even when u don't recharge your number for a year but can't say about airtel,maybe in coming days they will ask to do 2 seperate recharges for outgoing and incoming

That was an excuse, they could not digest the success which jio was receiving, now both Airtel and jio have shaken their hands and creating duopoly in the telecom market, marginal players like tata docomo, aircel,uninor etc. Have vanished and we the consumers left with no option now
Vi has awarded contracts to Samsung+Ericsson+Nokia PAN India. Atleast in few circles, customers can opt for Vi. Anyways, Vi has clarified that their 5G will be cheaper for some odd reasons. Let's see.

Whatever you said is true, but noone wants to pay premium for Airtel services(5G especially) anymore. Airtel 5G is limited to 300GB per months. That's peanuts against Jio 5G unlimited. Plus due to SA network, Jio network is miles better. And look at the number of subscribers lost by Airtel in last month. BSNL doing good and hopefully 3L sites with 700Mhz will cover PAN India by April 2026(Problem is support for band 28 on 4G, not many handsets support 4G on that band, so BSNL needs to activate 900Mhz LTE as well). Maybe 5G as well, I see things happening(BSNL has 70Mhz of N78 spectrum, Vi has 50Mhz of N78 spectrum). Both can give 300-500Mbps easily. Vi has awarded contracts means something in the background is happening which we don't know. It's upto customers to not let monopoly settle.

Airtel is facing heat on 5G front and that's why it has been focussing on deploying more 3L 4G sites only. Hopefully everything will be 4*4MIMO(band 1/3) and it will be able to justify it's premium tag.

Expiry of their old licence to be precise, now that Licence and Spectrum validity are no longer synonyms.

It was pre planned, no operator is foolish enough to make a price commitment for an actual lifetime when inflation rate in the market is through the roof.
They launched the lifetime incoming validity offer towards the end of their 20 year licence period, knowing that the unsuspecting subscribers will fall for it and that they will have to honour it only for a few years and gain subscriber additions in return.
Their licence expired in 2014/15 whereas Jio commercial launch happened in 2016. They just continued the incoming validity beyond the licence expiry without any obligation, but Jio's entry just triggered them to end it sooner than they had planned. They needed to increase revenue to be able to invest in network since Jio's network was built for data while theirs was built for voice, so they were bound to lose the data subscriber war like all the smaller players did.
Airtel has built the network now on data(post Jio)(Jio 4G is capped to 104 Mbps, Airtel isn't capped till now, it can reach upto 500Mbps as well if backhaul is great), but still it's not good enough. If they are charging premium, then why 5G is limited to 300GB per month? Vi and Airtel have similar network capacities, but how Vi is giving night unlimited? Airtel was always cheater and will remain cheater. As per fellow readers, Airtel have joined hands, but see in every interview of SBM, you will see him backing Vi as a third strong player. That means he is loyal to his profits.

Jio removed the 4G cap on 5G sims it's truly uncapped have got upto 400Mbps. Whereas Airtel has 300 cap on 4G.
Let's wait for 5G unlimited to stop. This will stop next year or prices will increase. 300Mbps on 4G is good enough. Earlier it was 104Mbps. Cap will be back on Jio I believe. Speeds are back to less than 500Mbps on Jio 5G and less than 300Mbps on Airtel 5G.

Jio removed the 4G cap on 5G sims it's truly uncapped have got upto 400Mbps. Whereas Airtel has 300 cap on 4G.
These are just achievable on Qualcomm modems right? Or Mediatek modems aren't good right? Poco X6 Pro isn't giving good speeds. Asking because Oppo Find X8 Pro is certified on BIS. We had Kerala user on Oppo Reno 6 with crazy good speeds on Dimensity.

q4TuVpD.jpeg

But, my I/C validity showing 7 days after plan expiry.

But, my I/C validity showing 7 days after plan expiry.
Yours is a long term validity plan so it might have longer incoming validity. Maybe they have reduced it for the monthly recharge plans.

Back
Top Bottom