Discussion Airtel Prepaid: Extend 28 days Incoming(only) Validity with Rs.100 Topup

Sivabhaskar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I saw this happen to one of my Airtel prepaid numbers last month. So I tried it for both of my Airtel prepaid numbers today, and it worked again. I am not sure if this is a glitch, or if Airtel is providing this as a number retaining(!?) facility.

You can try this out if you are going to be using your Airtel prepaid number ONLY for incoming calls and incoming SMS.

Steps:
1) Wait for Outgoing Validity (if any) to end.
2) Wait for Incoming Validity (7 days grace period) to end.
3) Topup with Rs.100.

Results For My Numbers:
1) Talk Time (Main Balance) = Rs.81.75 got added to existing main balance
2) Incoming validity got extended by 28 days

Essentially, the incoming validity got extended for (Rs.100 - Rs.81.75) = Rs.18.25. Normally, we'd have to use the Rs.45 recharge to extend the Incoming Only validity, which gives us no main balance talk time.

I am curious to know if this works (or if this had been already working) for anyone else.

P.S:
If our main balance is equal to Rs.45 or more, auto-recharge happens (after 3 days) by deducting Rs.45 from our main balance for 28 days incoming validity. Airtel provides a way to stop that from happening by dialing the USSD code *121*777#. However if we do that, I am not sure if the Rs.100 Topup would extend the validity when we have Rs.45 or more as existing main balance.

I saw this happen to one of my Airtel prepaid numbers last month. So I tried it for both of my Airtel prepaid numbers today, and it worked again. I am not sure if this is a glitch, or if Airtel is providing this as a number retaining(!?) facility.

You can try this out if you are going to be using your Airtel prepaid number ONLY for incoming calls and incoming SMS.

Steps:
1) Wait for Outgoing Validity (if any) to end.
2) Wait for Incoming Validity (7 days grace period) to end.
3) Topup with Rs.100.

Results For My Numbers:
1) Talk Time (Main Balance) = Rs.81.75 got added to existing main balance
2) Incoming validity got extended by 28 days

Essentially, the incoming validity got extended for (Rs.100 - Rs.81.75) = Rs.18.25. Normally, we'd have to use the Rs.45 recharge to extend the Incoming Only validity, which gives us no main balance talk time.

I am curious to know if this works (or if this had been already working) for anyone else.

P.S:
If our main balance is equal to Rs.45 or more, auto-recharge happens (after 3 days) by deducting Rs.45 from our main balance for 28 days incoming validity. Airtel provides a way to stop that from happening by dialing the USSD code *121*777#. However if we do that, I am not sure if the Rs.100 Topup would extend the validity when we have Rs.45 or more as existing main balance.
Can I use this trick at Vi ?

U can recharge with 49
38 rs talktime with 100 mb data
We can, but that talk time is outside of the main balance. Any remaining balance from the 38 rupees will expire after 28 days. It cannot be carried forward. The 81.75 from the Rs.100 topup is added to the main balance. We can use it to make calls, or let the auto renewal (Rs.45) use it to extend the validity for another 28 days.

P.S:
If our main balance is equal to Rs.45 or more, auto-recharge happens (after 3 days) by deducting Rs.45 from our main balance for 28 days incoming validity. Airtel provides a way to stop that from happening by dialing the USSD code *121*777#. However if we do that, I am not sure if the Rs.100 Topup would extend the validity when we have Rs.45 or more as existing main balance
I tried this method for both my numbers today, which I have been using only for incoming SMS and incoming calls. It worked again :)

Steps:
1) My original Incoming Validity was May 29 and Outgoing Validity was June 5.
2) On May 30, both these dates were automatically extended for 3 days (grace validity).
3) So on May 30, my new Incoming Validity was June 1 and my new Outgoing Validity was June 8.
4) After the 3 day grace validity was allotted, on May 30, I immediately dialed *121*777# from both my numbers, which stopped the auto debit of Rs.45 (for another 28 days validity). I received confirmation SMS-es as well (that the auto debit has been stopped).
5) Then after the new Incoming Validity ended on June 8, I topped up both my numbers on June 9 for Rs.100 each.

Results:
Rs.81.75 was added to main balance.
Validity was extended for 28 days.

Can we use ₹81.75 balance to make recharge of ₹48?

Can we use ₹81.75 balance to make recharge of ₹48?
Yes, we can. There are 2 ways.

Method 1:
Like @Naimish555 pointed out, we can use the Airtel Thanks app. After selecting the Rs.48 pack in that app, while in the payment page, " Talktime Balance " will be displayed as one of the payment options.

Method 2:
We can use USSD menu options, specifically the *121# menu. However, this will work only until Incoming Validity ends. Because Incoming SMSes are cut off once Incoming Validity ends. Along with it, the *121# menu stops working as well. Beyond that point, only the *123# menu works, which just displays the main balance, along with the Outgoing and Incoming validity end dates. Recharges don't work with this *123# menu.

Steps:
1) Dial *121#
2) Select/Reply with option 3 (New Offers)
3) Select/Reply with option 2 (MRP_PRODUCT)
4) Reply with 48# (MRP of the pack you want to recharge with, followed by #)
5) Rs.48 pack's details will be displayed as option 1.
6) Select/Reply with option 1
7) Following message will be displayed:

" RC 48 3GB Data valid for 28 days. To confirm, press 1 "

8) Reply with 1 to confirm the recharge.

And that should complete the USSD recharge process :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock