Discussion Airtel 4G VoLTE - Discussions & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter karan_hdl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 431
  • Views Views: Views 67,850
Ok So for those who are not getting airtel VoLTE, even though their device supports it and they are under the coverage area. Here's the thing..

Am using moto x4 & my mother is using Honor 7X. Both supports airtel VoLTE for a long time..
But my mother was not getting VoLTE & i was getting it from the beginning. I don't get time to look into it. Nd day before yesterday i got some time and got my hands with 7x.

So tried to on/off Volte switch, tried restarting. nothing worked. I was in doubt weather it's a problem with the device, because 7x was one of the device which supports airtel volte from almost the begining. even before x4.

Now i tried to switch the sims. Put my SIM in 7x & mother's in mine.
For my surprise my sim suddenly showed VoLTE in 7x, and there is no VoLTE sign in moto x4 with my mother's sim, where i used to get VoLTE in my sim. tried to call CC. They said they didn't have anything to do with this. Told me to wait.

For atleast 5-10 min my mother's sim was in moto x4, which was used for getting airtel volte. Even i tried restarting the device. Nothing happened. Switched back the sim and went with my work.

But today all of a sudden, VoLTE symbol showed up in Honor 7x.

So here's the catch - For those who don't get VoLTE, please put your SIM in a phone which currently uses airtel VoLTE. Place the sim for 10-15min. Restart the device. Now switch sim to your phone.
Sit back tight.
Wait for 24-48 hours, u will get VoLTE in your SIM.

That's it..!

Because airtel 4G VoLTE need software side support.

My Galaxy S9+ supports 4G VoLTE but airtel VoLTE wasn't supported until they enabled it via software update few months back.

Only Jio VoLTE is supported by all 4G VoLTE enabled phones.
I am using Nokia 7 plus with airtel 4G Volte in Chennai from May 4th and no issues till date. SD 660 supports dual volte and in June itself enhanced volte patch was out. Must be the issue is with network side.

I am using Nokia 7 plus with airtel 4G Volte in Chennai from May 4th and no issues till date. SD 660 supports dual volte and in June itself enhanced volte patch was out. Must be the issue is with network side.
Exactly, I know my phone supports dual volte. But Airtel's d*ck customer service is pissing me off. On asking why they're not giving 4g signals to my phone, they say phone issue. Tried this on multiple phones, but no 4g. Others with Airtel sim getting 4g volte without issue in my area.

Maybe I'm switching to Vodafone if this is how Airtel cc works. I have to regret being an Airtel DTH user also sadly.

Exactly, I know my phone supports dual volte. But Airtel's d*ck customer service is pissing me off. On asking why they're not giving 4g signals to my phone, they say phone issue. Tried this on multiple phones, but no 4g. Others with Airtel sim getting 4g volte without issue in my area.

Maybe I'm switching to Vodafone if this is how Airtel cc works. I have to regret being an Airtel DTH user also sadly.
Airtel CC is like that only. I had been using airtel corporate postpaid for three years and later I planned to move to prepaid. While I went through the process,they switched off my postpaid sim but didn't activate the prepaid one for next 3 days. Being the main business contact,I went through a hell of an experience.

My Dad uses Samsung ON5 Pro which is an entry level 4g phone bt has been using Airtel Volte for 2 months.
Bt i have noticed disappearance of Volte sign sometimes although network is 4g. So my observation is that it has something to do with the network of Airtel.

Screenshot_2018-10-03-17-15-58-396_com.android.phone.png

Dual Airtel volte on Note 5 pro

Has Airtel launched volte in punjab or not...i m not getting any volte in punjab...my phone is note 5 pro

Back
Top Bottom