Discussion Airtel 4G VoLTE - Discussions & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter karan_hdl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 431
  • Views Views: Views 67,846
Airtel on Wednesday announced the launch of its VoLTE (Voice over LTE) services in Chennai. Airtel VoLTE, which works over 4G, will enable customers across the city to enjoy HD quality voice calls with faster call set-up time.

Customers can call any mobile, landline network using Airtel VoLTE. There would be no additional data charges for VoLTE services and calls would be billed as per existing plan or packs benefits, the company said.

Airtel launches VoLTE services in Chennai; how to get Airtel VoLTE - Times of India

Last edited:
They are launching volte services slowly but not expanding service support to more devices :( Airtel volte is still not supported on my One Plus 3 and many other devices.

Last edited:
Airtel VoLTE has been launched first in Mumbai and was limited to a few devices. I wonder how device dependency exists, according to me all devices supporting VoLTE should be able to work with VoLTE.

Another point is, VoLTE does not incur any charges, however, Airtel says that the tariff will be as per existing plan. So, say if you have no free calls in your plan, then even with VoLTE, there will be no free calls provided. Jio on the other hand is exploiting VoLTE to provide unlimited calls.

Anyone sees a benefit to the end user, if VoLTE starts on Airtel - on all devices?

Airtel VoLTE has been launched first in Mumbai and was limited to a few devices. I wonder how device dependency exists, according to me all devices supporting VoLTE should be able to work with VoLTE.

Another point is, VoLTE does not incur any charges, however, Airtel says that the tariff will be as per existing plan. So, say if you have no free calls in your plan, then even with VoLTE, there will be no free calls provided. Jio on the other hand is exploiting VoLTE to provide unlimited calls.

Anyone sees a benefit to the end user, if VoLTE starts on Airtel - on all devices?
Volte is a benefit for airtel. For customers they get HD audio.

I think there is some dependency from software end for Volte and device manufacturer need to push software update to enable volte for specific Operator.

I remember when Jio Volte was started, I received update on my device to support volte.

And regarding call cost on Volte, operator would incur low cost for calls but here Airtel is already providing same plans with unlimited calls and data even without volte as Jio so I don't think they can reduce anything here :)

I think there is some dependency from software end for Volte and device manufacturer need to push software update to enable volte for specific Operator.

I remember when Jio Volte was started, I received update on my device to support volte.

And regarding call cost on Volte, operator would incur low cost for calls but here Airtel is already providing same plans with unlimited calls and data even without volte as Jio so I don't think they can reduce anything here :)
Correct bro. It's unfair to expect everything for free or for low price.

Volte is a benefit for airtel. For customers they get HD audio.

Million $ question how many devices will get update :(:(

I strongly believe they won't push to lyf series :(:(

As always thanks to jio ;);):kiss:

Correct bro. It's unfair to expect everything for free or for low price.

Yeah it's unfair anything expect from Airtel free or low price if Jio not present today thambi ;);)

Till December 2016 free & low English words are bad words in Airtel telecom dictionary :wall::wall:;)

Last edited:
Million $ question how many devices will get update :(:(

I strongly believe they won't push to lyf series :(:(

As always thanks to jio ;);):kiss:

Yeah it's unfair anything expect from Airtel free or low price if Jio not present today thambi ;);)

Till December 2016 free & low English words are bad words in Airtel telecom dictionary :wall::wall:;)
Yes Anna. No one can or will deny Jios involvement in the current price war.

Back
Top Bottom