Discussion AGR dues of the Telecom companies

telecom operator like voda-idea, airtel know how to rise money from market, if govt did not grant 20 years then they will increase rare every 2-3 month. Now I have heard that 1gb will cost around Rs 35 from April. I dont know it is true or false. But it is sure that if govt do not take step then either they leave from India market or increase rate to very high margin.

telecom operator like voda-idea, airtel know how to rise money from market, if govt did not grant 20 years then they will increase rare every 2-3 month. Now I have heard that 1gb will cost around Rs 35 from April. I dont know it is true or false. But it is sure that if govt do not take step then either they leave from India market or increase rate to very high margin.
Yes floor price coming soon

Vodafone Idea says now paid full principal amount of INR 6,854/- crore towards AGR dues

I have started taking any analyst's opinion with a pinch of salt. No doubt the company's situation is precarious but the analyst didn't take into consideration a lot of things.
  1. The RMS of the company is still decent and close of the peers considering the loss of subscribers in recent month and continued loss of subscribers over next few months. It's not all doom and gloom.
  2. The cost cutting initiatives have been in place and would drastically reduce opex over next quarters.
  3. The cash flow will remain a concern but the analyst does not take into consideration the market dynamics and prospect of any further investor considering that the telecom industry will be a very lucrative investment once all the trouble goes away and next round of tariff hike take place.
  4. The analyst does not take into consideration the government support and continued pitch from banks for support.
That being said, I expect one of the promoters of Vodafone-Idea to exit which I think would be Aditya Birla Group.

Merge BSNL and Vodafone before it's too late. Government can save them both. They can keep 25% revenue share and let BSNL use Vodafone's 4G technology. So Government don't have to pay for 4G allocation and Vodafone don't have to return spectrum.

BSNL made a 39000 crore loss in December 2019.

Vodafone idea needs massive fresh cash inflow then only problems will get solved without pumping more money nothing will happen. Vodafone has good deep pockets to invest more but they don't want to do that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock