Discussion AGR dues of the Telecom companies

The companies argue that the money should have been calculated in a certain way while the government says it should be calculated in some other way. Regardless, there will be money to be paid which is not contested. They have not paid even that.
Yeah, they didn't pay as per either of calculations

I think looking into the comments here everyone is supporting the verdict but no-one is questioning the reason why these companies are not able to pay the agr dues. This is because of id*otic trai who didn't do anything when jio distributed freebies for a full year and thereby killing all these companies.

Now result is thousands of jobs will be lost which is worst thing to happen when unemployment is already a burning issue.

I think looking into the comments here everyone is supporting the verdict but no-one is questioning the reason why these companies are not able to pay the agr dues. This is because of id*otic trai who didn't do anything when jio distributed freebies for a full year and thereby killing all these companies.

Now result is thousands of jobs will be lost which is worst think to happen when unemployment is already a burning issue.
I think they might deposited some agr due amount to courts before Jio period in 2015, then they have some buffer now.

Till it is clear what needs to be paid, how can you know what to pay?
These guys were clear of what needs to be paid, they were fighting for that case to avoid the new calculations. If they had the intention to pay then atleast they should have reserved the minimum spectrum usage fees of 8% on the revenue but they never put till last quarter. They kept making profits and kept on expanding the business inside and outside of India.

Now result is thousands of jobs will be lost which is worst thing to happen when unemployment is already a burning issue.
Also this has nothing to do with Jio or its freebies scheme.

Vodafone was making pretty handsome profits till last year, things turned worst for them after AGR verdict and customers also got smart now, they will pay only if your services are good.

What does Jio which started in 2016 have to do with them not paying dues for decades?

These guys were clear of what needs to be paid, they were fighting for that case to avoid the new calculations. If they had the intention to pay then atleast they should have reserved the minimum spectrum usage fees of 8% on the revenue but they never put till last quarter. They kept making profits and kept on expanding the business inside and outside of India.
They took a lot out in the form of bonuses, freebies and exponential increases to the management as well.

Exactly, even if the DoT's demand for AGR to include revenue from non telecom business of the company holding the telecom license is totally unjust, there is no denying the fact that this clause has been present in the license agreement with a clear definition of what it applies to. In this case if Vodafone didn't feel it was justified it could have refrained from buying the license altogether. You can't sign an agreement and then cry foul later.

Idea's board already approved the payment.

Vodafone Idea to use part of rights issue proceeds to pay AGR dues
Vodafone Idea’s board has approved modification of the use of the ₹25,000-crore rights issue funds to pay ₹2,826.1 crore towards the adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues besides for repayment of loans and the redemption of non-convertible debentures, including interest.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock