Discussion AGR dues of the Telecom companies

Vodafone Idea fate will decide by March end.
The SC has already sealed the fate for vodafone idea, the operator has no future in India. SC has asked the operators to pay a sizeable amount by day end and the next date of hearing is March 17, which is a month of uncertainty. Even if they get some relief in the next hearing, they will have lost over 60 to 70 million more subscribers who will port out to avoid losing their numbers in case the operator shuts down services abruptly. In that case anyway Vodafone Idea will not be able to survive. So it's a double edged sword for them, there is no bright side.
Airtel on the other hand is safe since it has already set aside the amount for paying the dues even by day end.

Last edited:
Kumar Mangalam Birla to Mukesh Ambani after today's SC ruling.

MvGnVf9.jpg

Translation: You must be very happy today!

People supporting vodafone idea to shut down, some info for you guys. Vodafone is the biggest fdi investor in india. If it shuts shop in india no other investor will dare to invest in India. Our economy is already going from bad to worse. It will literally kill it.
And this will be lesson to other so called FDI investors that they follow law and pay the dues.

You can't deny paying the dues if someone's is big time investors.

And yes, I'm not supporting closure, I also want them to survive but it's jus that they have earned so much hate or anger that people are not in mood to be supportive of them.

The companies argue that the money should have been calculated in a certain way while the government says it should be calculated in some other way. Regardless, there will be money to be paid which is not contested. They have not paid even that.

People supporting vodafone idea to shut down, some info for you guys. Vodafone is the biggest fdi investor in india. If it shuts shop in india no other investor will dare to invest in India. Our economy is already going from bad to worse. It will literally kill it.
Don't worry about it.
India will have plenty of foreign players in the next decade. And World economy is way worse right now.

And this will be lesson to other so called FDI investors that they follow law and pay the dues.

You can't deny paying the dues if someone's is big time investors.

And yes, I'm not supporting closure, I also want them to survive but it's jus that they have earned so much hate or anger that people are not in mood to be supportive of them.
Exactly, even if the DoT's demand for AGR to include revenue from non telecom business of the company holding the telecom license is totally unjust, there is no denying the fact that this clause has been present in the license agreement with a clear definition of what it applies to. In this case if Vodafone didn't feel it was justified it could have refrained from buying the license altogether. You can't sign an agreement and then cry foul later.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock