Discussion AGR dues of the Telecom companies

Voda Idea proposes data price of Rs.35 per GB, then our data bill might reach Rs.700 for 20 GB per month. Can we sustain this tariff for prepaid?
People will choose cheaper plans with say 5Gb data and 1000 minutes of calling per month for Rs300. That would be good as it will push people to get proper wired home broadband.

Airtel Total Due Approx- 35000CR and he paid 18000Cr till now and other side Idea/Voda
Total Due Approx- 53000CR and he paid only 2500+1000=3500Cr.. (ऊँठ के मुँह में जीरा)
Not really. Airtel has said that it has paid an extra of ₹5000 cr to TRAI as it's liabilities amount to around ₹13000 cr as per it's calculation. Vodafone's own estimate is around ₹20-24k crore.

They along with Tata Tele has said that they won't pay a penny more than their own internal estimate.

People supporting vodafone idea to shut down, some info for you guys. Vodafone is the biggest fdi investor in india. If it shuts shop in india no other investor will dare to invest in India. Our economy is already going from bad to worse. It will literally kill it.
Bro, it means that govt accept their demand and discourage other honest telecom operator.!!!

Bro, it means that govt accept their demand and discourage other honest telecom operator.!!!
I don't think govt is going to accept any demand of vodafone specially after Airtel paying the AGR,

I seriously feel that Vodafone Idea may announce closure of services on 21st March after the day supreme court hearing outcome

Last edited:
I don't think govt is going to accept any demand of vodafone specially after Airtel paying the AGR,

I seriously feel that Vodafone Idea may announce closure of services on 21st March after the day supreme court hearing outcome
Closure of services on 21st March itself? Does anyone know what happens to the Main Balance that we have in Prepaid numbers if their service closes down? Will it be refunded to the customers?

Finance Ministry was unwilling remove penalty and interest on AGR dues and Banks were unable to give further loans for payment of AGR dues. So, after Voda Idea shutdown DOT might manged for some time due to adverse affect of its services to consumers.

Last edited:
Vodafone Idea has demanded fixing minimum tariffs for mobile data at Rs 35 per GB, around 7-8 times of current prices, and for calls at 6 paise per minute along with monthly charges from April 1 to enable it pay statutory dues and make its business sustainable.

The loss-making telco is under pressure to clear adjusted gross revenue dues of more than Rs 50,000 crore to comply with a Supreme Court order. The company has sought 18 years time to clear the dues, including a three-year moratorium on payment of interest and penalty, according to official sources.

Source: AGR-hit Vodafone Idea wants 7-8 times hike in mobile data tariffs

Closure of services on 21st March itself? Does anyone know what happens to the Main Balance that we have in Prepaid numbers if their service closes down? Will it be refunded to the customers?
Don't panic, announcing closure and real closure will be lengthy process, they can't just shutdown the service, they need to apply for bankruptcy, getting approval from NCLT will be long drawn process.

But yes, I will avoid any further long term recharge to my Vodafone number.

Don't panic, announcing closure and real closure will be lengthy process, they can't just shutdown the service, they need to apply for bankruptcy, getting approval from NCLT will be long drawn process.

But yes, I will avoid any further long term recharge to my Vodafone number.
forgot aircel, rcom? It can shutdown even today midnight if they decide so.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock