5G Development in India - News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 107
  • Views: Views 26,476
i think jio will start deploying and alpha testing of SA after sep2023 and beta testing after dec 2024.
till that time 700mhz, will be idle.
SA@700mhz with in house is goal, to become global telecom player.
Not possible in any way. They have to start inhouse deployment of 700Mhz now, by 2025 they will cover PAN India. Jio should not waste time at all. BT in UK has already support 4CA on standalone network with the help of Nokia.
NSA on 28 is not supported on many phones. Just 41/77/78. So it's better to deploy SA 28 and to decongest band 5 and NSA on n78 as every phone supports it. As load increases move n40 to 5G SA and then NSA n78 to SA n78. Target should be March 2025 for all this. With Jio money power, this is possible if they have planning in place. Buying expensive spectrum and not deploying it is foolishness. Airtel is set to gain as much as postpaid customers in next six months at the expense of Vi and Jio. Let's see.

i feel COAI partners airtel, jio and vi mutually decided to offer 5g only on postpaid plans, intially.

then poke high -paying prepaid user to move to postpaid with just OTP process.

this gives double benefit
1) loyal and high paying customer
2) initial user review would be above 4 star for 5g network - as human psychology , wont bash service provider whom they pay premium price

Last edited:

i feel COAI partners airtel, jio and vi mutually decided to offer 5g only on postpaid plans, intially.

then poke high -paying prepaid user to move to postpaid with just OTP process.

this gives double benefit
1) loyal and high paying customer
2) initial user review would be above 4 star for 5g network - as human psychology , wont bash service provider whom they pay premium price
Airtel may wail till RIL AGM to launch plans, but Jio might offer 5G on 4G data plans to gain market share.

Vi has started sending out 'network upgrade to 5G soon' messages to subscribers in Delhi NCR circle from today, as reported by 91 Mobiles.
HKcDNeK.png

One guy I know from NCR also got this but it looks like a scam they haven't swapped out Huawei from Delhi how they'll launch 5G
Let's wait for official launch. Its just speculation. Delhi won't get 5G before Mumbai for sure and Mumbai will get in January. According to me soon means, February.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock