5G Development in India - News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 107
  • Views: Views 26,487
Am I missing something here? Shouldn't such meetings supposed to have happened way before they launched it.
Who is responsible for this Telcos or The Government? Or the Handset makers.

Last edited:
Central government pushing mobile hardware manufacturers and carriers to work in sync to quickly release software updates for 5G enabled devices for faster adoption of 5G in India.

wixE9B5.jpg

Govt to meet telcos on 5G services

Most users have been unable to access 5G in available areas as majority 5G handsets need an over-the-air (OTA) software update.

The government has called for a meeting of telecom operators and handset makers to work on resolving issues and expediting the roll-out.

Please access the source article from The Hindu for details on the chair & list of attendees of this meeting.

Source:

Telecommunication companies (telcos) need to raise the number of 5G towers being installed every week to at least 10,000 per week, up from the current 2,500 per week, Minister for Communications Ashwini Vaishnaw said on Wednesday.

India's overall mean and median internet speed has already started improving even though 5g has just launched in 50 cities.

5X4KRI1.png

VZ3lH6Y.png

India needs dense fiber. More than 5G. Wifi 7 already launched and soon routers will be available. I guess Galaxy S23 Ultra will have support for WiFi 7. WiFi 7 can deliver maximum of 40Gbps and far more coverage area. There won't be need of 5G and 6G. Earlier India understands this, more it is better. Its not possible to deploy small cell on each home for 5G coverage. 100-500Mbps should be norm for every househould under 1000INR along with free WiFi 6 router.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock