10 improvements Android Lollipop has made to Android KitKat

• Thread starter Thread starter mmadhankumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 46
  • Views Views: Views 5,324
Whether the below steps will work.

1. With Jelly Bean, restart in restore mode.
2. Take backup on external SD card.
3. Flash the Kitkat specific CWM ROM.
4. Reboot the phone in recovery mode.
5. Follow the given steps to install Kitkat :).

If failure occurs :(,

1. Reboot in Download mode.
2. Use ODIN to flash the Kernal back to Jelly bean specific.
3. Restore the backed up version.
4. Restart the phone and enjoy Jelly bean :)

Any tech experts can confirm the above?? Waiting.....

Re: RE: 10 improvements Android Lollipop has made to Android KitKat

Sadiq said:
Today I tried to install Kitkat but failed. So, I posted a question in XDA as follows. If anyone here knows solution, please let me know.
You can use cyanogen mod to update your phone to kitkat version and it is the best way to update version if there is no official updates available OTA

Sanjeev said:
You can use cyanogen mod to update your phone to kitkat version and it is the best way to update version if there is no official updates available OTA

I tried and it is not working or I am doing something wrong. Please read the quoted description about my problem completely once again bro. Also, check the 11th post in this thread too... Let me know if there is a way to get it..

Sadiq said:
I tried and it is not working or I am doing something wrong. Please read the quoted description about my problem completely once again bro. Also, check the 11th post in this thread too... Let me know if there is a way to get it..

Bro I will update you tomorrow on that as I m not remembering what is the method to update to a newer version

Sanjeev said:
Bro I will update you tomorrow on that as I m not remembering what is the method to update to a newer version

Thanks bro! I am waiting for you!!

There are many different ROMs for SII on XDA. You can try the below one.

[ROM][Cyanfox] [ CM-11 | KITKAT 4.4.2] | Off… | Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 | XDA Forums

The instructions as I can see are as below.

1.Download KitKat compatible recovery zip and Cyanfox Rom.
2.Reboot Recovery.
3.Flash the KitKat compatible recovery zip from post(DO NOT REBOOT PHONE!)
4.For CWM users choose the advance menu, then reboot recovery. TWRP users should hit reboot tab then reboot recovery.
5.Wipe-Factory Reset, Partition Cache, Dalvik cache.(If coming from a jelly bean 4.3.x or lower ROM it is recommended to format system as well).
6.Flash Cyanfox Rom . cyanfox gapps on full wipe not dirty flash
7.REBOOT PHONE.
CyanFox Gapps... http://cyanfox-rom.com/downloads/?folder=_gapps/
9.Enjoy.

I think the problem you got was, once you flashed the kitkat compatible recovery version you must install a kitkat ROM. Jelly Bean ROM will not be able to boot from that recovery. Please follow all the steps properly. All the best.

Thanks ilikered bro. But in case if I want to go back to my Jelly Bean, can I flash the Jelly Bean kernel and just restore the backup copy?

Sadiq said:
Thanks ilikered bro. But in case if I want to go back to my Jelly Bean, can I flash the Jelly Bean kernel and just restore the backup copy?
I assume the backup was taken using the jellybean kernel. If yes, you can flash jellybean kernel and restore your backup.

Back
Top Bottom