10 improvements Android Lollipop has made to Android KitKat

Re: RE: 10 improvements Android Lollipop has made to Android KitKat

Sadiq said:
I think that will take me to ICS or JB (un-rooted). I took the backup after rooting. Can I still restore the backup on the factory version? Or it can be done after rooting with same Kernel? I think the second option will work.
Me too think second option will work as I have not done that so don't know much about that

Sadiq said:
I think that will take me to ICS or JB (un-rooted). I took the backup after rooting. Can I still restore the backup on the factory version? Or it can be done after rooting with same Kernel? I think the second option will work.
No, you can't restore the backup on factory version since that's a different kernel. If you go back to factory version, you must first root and install CWM from which the backup was taken to restore. This option is tedious.

I am going to install the 08-Oct SNAPSHOT build from CM11.. I downloaded it along with Gapps as on 05-Jan. The only pending this is to take backup of Apps (along with data), SMS, Contacts and call logs from Jelly Bean and import into CM11 ROM after installation. Let me try that too.. Interesting..

And, I replaced my Siyah recovery with PhilZ so that the backup can take backup of all required things from Jelly Bean.

Wish me a luck for my first ever try..

You will definitely succeed, All the very best!!

ilikered said:
You will definitely succeed, All the very best!!

Sanjeev said:
Best of luck bro and after complete installation please post snaps :k

Thanks bro! I will post the screenshots for sure :tup But not sure when I am going to do this considering office tasks. Let me try my best!

Sadiq said:
Thanks bro! I will post the screenshots for sure :tup But not sure when I am going to do this considering office tasks. Let me try my best!

No worries bro will wait for your snaps

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock