Your first Internet experience

My first internet experience was at my school classmate who had a desktop this was in 2004/05 so I would play games in computer like FIFA that time he showed me Internet a dialup connection it would take forever to load a google search result and I remember us searching all sort of things in Google cant open high graphic webpages so mostly it was j st searching Google waiting for 6-10 secs to view the result and then opening any news article to read about it

Doing school projects at my uncle's cafe. Used translated wikipedia pages to copy paste. Much better than buying encylopedia. Dunno whether Hindi encyclopedias exist or not. At same uncle home where I lived most of my childhood we had that Tata Docomo dongle. Use to watch WWE on Dailymotion. A 7-8 minute video took like an hour to finish.

My first computer experience was in high school around 2000-2001 for computer programming in C++. During break times, we would play some games installed on the computer by the teacher. But no internet was there in school as teachers are scared of students accessing X-rated content.

So from friends I heard of "Internet cafes". They would charge you hourly for computer usage. I would make a list of things I want to search during the week. On weekends, I would go to internet cafes and search for these things.

From 2005, I got my first computer in my home with Internet connection.

Videos had to be downloaded to be watched. No streaming. Torrents and P2P software like Shareaza, Limewire were used to download videos of all kinds.

Music streaming I think existed back then. Sites like Raaga, MusicIndiaOnline were streaming music.

Last edited:
Doing school projects at my uncle's cafe. Used translated wikipedia pages to copy paste. Much better than buying encylopedia. Dunno whether Hindi encyclopedias exist or not. At same uncle home where I lived most of my childhood we had that Tata Docomo dongle. Use to watch WWE on Dailymotion. A 7-8 minute video took like an hour to finish.
It was Tata Photon+ dongle not Tata Docomo.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock