Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 - Redmi Note 5 Pro (News, Discussions & Updates)

Just thought of sharing this piece of info with all you guys. I have observed many people complaining about fast battery drain in Redmi Note 5/Pro. However, I never observed any battery drain. In fact, with Average usage, my battery lasts complete 2 days (48 hours).

Recently, I inserted a second SIM in my device, earlier I was using only SIM1 + SD Card. Now even I am observing battery drain., phone lasts for 24 hours, and at the max, 28 hours.

I also tried disabling Dual 4G, so that SIM1 stays on 4G, and SIM2 stays on 3G, however, that doesn't help. Usually, inserting 2 SIM Cards in a phone does NOT drain the battery. But I think for this specific model, there is some missing optimization due to which this is happening.

I suggest few of you (who can), to remove second SIM, and observe your battery life for a day / 2 days, and post your feedback here. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
UsR43KW.png

Ok. Did the 544MB one get installed successfully? My past few experiences always failed on the sub 500MB range updates and only worked with full 1.6GB updates. @SarfaRaZ bro also suggests always a full update is better than incremental update.

Also, before I could get back home and connect to WiFi, the update vanished. I guess I will have to wait till Tue/Wed to get it again.

Hi guys, I have updated to MIUI11, one thing I noticed is now, in the App Vault the "Clear Cache" option does not kill all active apps, earlier it used to kill them. Anyone else observed this? I searched on MIUI forum but this doesnt seem to have reported. Also, it does not even clear the cache, so basically, it does nothing. This is only when you do it from the App Vault Shortcuts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock