World Test Championship 2023 | Winner: Australia

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 905
  • Views Views: Views 61,385
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem has been Rahul Dravid. The moment he has replaced Ravi Shastri, Indian cricket started going downhill. Ganguly added to the politics and Virat had to step down as captain from all formats.
I knew it the moment Kohli stepped down as captain that Indian cricket would never be the same as the passion he had playing for the country was rubbing on to the others. The moment he was dismissed as captain, the downhill trend started.
Rohit as a captain after Kohli was another axe on your own foot decision. He was never a guaranteed player in test team and he was made captain.
Losing the wtc final was a given even before a ball was bowled.

The problem has been Rahul Dravid. The moment he has replaced Ravi Shastri, Indian cricket started going downhill. Ganguly added to the politics and Virat had to step down as captain from all formats.
I agree about Dravid.He has been poor,This culture of appeasing the senior players has continued unabated under him.The Captain himself is a shining example of poor fitness and form and yet playing every match he wishes just because of his name.Senior Players pick the matches and series as per their convenience.Players for test matches are picked based on IPL and T-20 form(SKY).Bowlers who have underperformed from their debut (Umesh Yadav) gets picked consistently.Hopefully the upcoming WC would be last for Dravid and Rohit Sharma as Coach and Captain resp.

I knew it the moment Kohli stepped down as captain that Indian cricket would never be the same as the passion he had playing for the country was rubbing on to the others. The moment he was dismissed as captain, the downhill trend started.
Rohit as a captain after Kohli was another axe on your own foot decision. He was never a guaranteed player in test team and he was made captain.
3 names you mentioned means you are Virat Fan.

Kohli, Rahul and Dravid 😂

3 names you mentioned means you are Virat Fan.

Kohli, Rahul and Dravid 😂
More than a Virat fan, I am a fan of indian cricket and I absolutely hate IPL which has resulted in this mess.
Before Virat I was a fan of sourav ganguly as a captain and I still am a fan of Rahul Dravid as a player.
And that is the biggest problem today, if you support Indian cricket, it means you are a supporter of Kohli which is correct because no-one else in the team is passionate about Indian cricket anymore. That is a sad state of affairs today..

Last edited:
Adding to the above, just look at Australia. Australian players always prefer playing for country than playing in BBL or IPL. It is a big thing for them.
In India everyone wants to just play IPL, country comes 2nd.
The only player who prioritizes Indian cricket is Kohli and has openly said, he will not change his game for IPL as for him test cricket is way more important. Although he hasn't been good in test cricket for a while now still he tries unlike others.

fcU0TTb.jpg

The day Kohli stepped down (removed?), I mentioned in the forum - Dark days are ahead. Yes, the passion of Kohli is unmatched (specially for test cricket) with ANY captain in World cricket, let alone India's. May be Ganguly himself is a distant competitor. It was real pain to see the egoistic battle of two greatest (test) team-building captains, if not the top two test captains. It doesn't matter, who or what went wrong, but the sufferer is always Indian cricket and of course genuine INDIAN cricket fans (definitely NOT the cheap supporters whose thinking starts with his zone/state/preferred IPL team).
In current bunch of cricketers, sadly there's no torch bearer. Ashwin could be one, but his age is on wrong side. Same with Rahane. Definitely NOT Rohit/Bumrah. Shubman could be one, but I doubt success may go to his head.
In present condition, to save Indian (test) cricket, Kohli MUST again take charge.

The day Kohli stepped down (removed?), I mentioned in the forum - Dark days are ahead. Yes, the passion of Kohli is unmatched (specially for test cricket) with ANY captain in World cricket, let alone India's. May be Ganguly himself is a distant competitor. It was real pain to see the egoistic battle of two greatest (test) team-building captains, if not the top two test captains. It doesn't matter, who or what went wrong, but the sufferer is always Indian cricket and of course genuine INDIAN cricket fans (definitely NOT the cheap supporters whose thinking starts with his zone/state/preferred IPL team).
In current bunch of cricketers, sadly there's no torch bearer. Ashwin could be one, but his age is on wrong side. Same with Rahane. Definitely NOT Rohit/Bumrah. Shubman could be one, but I doubt success may go to his head.
In present condition, to save Indian (test) cricket, Kohli MUST again take charge.
P.s if you not forget dada Kohli was the captain last time when india lost wtc final against new Zealand.

Yes under him we win test series but against australia when their all big players not available please don't give gabba credit to Kohli

P.s if you not forget dada Kohli was the captain last time when india lost wtc final against new Zealand.

Yes under him we win test series but against australia when their all big players not available please don't give gabba credit to Kohli
That's the problem with fans. They weigh captaincy by number of trophies. Yes, trophies are important but not more than building a team. In between Ganguly and Kohli, the players and fans NEVER expected (believed) to win overseas test matches/series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom