World Test Championship 2023 | Winner: Australia

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 905
  • Views Views: Views 61,385
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a short sighted decision. If he fails selectors might go for any youngster like sarfaraz. Selectors went for the safe choice in the big final.
Sarfaraz won't get chance now. Iyer will claim back it's place if Rahane fails. Sarfaraz got injured at wrong time and missed Bangladesh tour, otherwise he would have been picked for Australia series. His chance gone. He will have to score 1000+ just like Mayank Agarwal to get a look in. Otherwise from next U19 WC someone will come in. Shaikh Rasheed will get developed in CSK.

Harsha Bhogle on Ajinkya Rahane.
GxpzFbe.png

Harsha Bhogle on Ajinkya Rahane.
GxpzFbe.png
I agree with him. If selectors wanted Sarfaraz, they would have tried him in BGT, Vihari is out of form. Patidar which was close to ODI debut didn't get chance because of Rohit's Ego, was injured as well. I don't see any other batsman in middle order. Shaikh Rasheed isnt developed and tested yet.

For once I agree with him
P0ZN1Ze.jpg
Virat should retire immediately in my honest opinion. Even though under him, test team has been been best performing, but it has lead to ego and eventually downfall. If Virat was there instead of Rahane, we would have never won the series after what happened in Adelaide. Sometimes you need to be calm in order to have bigger picture. The real world was done by Ravi Shastri/Bharat Arun and Dhoni. Thats how Virat made big strides in test cricket. Vijay/Pujara/Rahane (at times Rahul) played really well under him. Jadeja, Ashwin already played 4 years of cricket under MS, they were matured cricketers by the time captaincy shift happened. Ravis methodology has helped Indian test team to bring out best from Ravi Jadeja as a batter. I wish Pandya would have made himself as a fitter between 2016-2021 period, we would have won more matches. White ball cricket was absolutely pathetic under Virat captaincy. I am glad that he left it at right time and he should leave international cricket on high before it's too late. He should not play WC27 in my honest opinion. He should play just IPL post WC23.

On what basis? He was leading run scorer for India in Asia cup 2022, T20 WC 2022 and BGT 2023.
And white ball cricket under him was not "absolutely pathetic" he had 68% and 64% win percentage in Odi and T20s. It's just that he didn't win any ICC tournaments and he captained in only 3 of them
Virat should retire immediately in my honest opinion.

For once I agree with him
P0ZN1Ze.jpg
Nowdays ravi Shastri became agent of virat Kohli too much kohli biased

We already saw what he done in last wtc final

Also after 36 all out he flew away from Australia ( yes personal reasons )

I personally feel if rohit will absent india should give rahane chance to lead only for him we saw tutega gabba ka ghamand moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom