Windows lost after installing Ubuntu

sumitroy said:
By using third party bootloader its possible but not using inbuilt...  :)

Bro it's windows 10 builtin bootloader, not third party ;) 

EasyBCD is there to help you write in MBR otherwise you can manually edit and do it yourself also if you are familiar with coding  :k

There is one big advantage with this process. You don't need to disable Windows Fastboot and still you can access other drives. But if you use GRUB then you have to disable Fast startup to access other drives in linux :hello

thisisjagan said:
Did you install Ubuntu alongside of Windows.

Yes I installed both,

Since my crashed hard disk and Chrome browser were working slow after I revived it,I switched on to Ubuntu and it is working fine.

But now each time when I switch on the laptop only the purple screen of Ubuntu 14 opens.

I want to have both options ie Ubuntu or Windows but where has windows gone ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

But since I am new to linux and ubuntu everything has gone over my head.

However,I will read carefully all replies and see which one is easiest.

Regards,

you see this screen 
please verify you see windows listed or not
 if you see windows then select windows and hit enter 
if you don't see windows then please follow these instruction:
Windows-lost-after-installing-Ubuntu?pid=1126941254#pid1126941254
img_55d1b85309671.png

sumitroy said:
you see this screen 
please verify you see windows listed or not
 if you see windows then select windows and hit enter 
if you don't see windows then please follow these instruction:
Windows-lost-after-installing-Ubuntu?pid=1126941254#pid1126941254
img_55d1b85309671.png

Yes Bro,

I see this same screen but when I click on the Windows loader which you have highlighted,nothing happens.

I remember installing Windows first and then Ubuntu and I think I did select the option of both OS during installing Ubuntu.

Dont know what the problem is now.

Please suggest how to delete Ubuntu.I will try to install it again.

Thanks,

Newb_Dxer said:
Yes Bro,

I see this same screen but when I click on the Windows loader which you have highlighted,nothing happens.

I remember installing Windows first and then Ubuntu and I think I did select the option of both OS during installing Ubuntu.

Dont know what the problem is now.

Please suggest how to delete Ubuntu.I will try to install it again.

Thanks,

which windows version are you using?
you will need windows installer cd
  1. Put the Windows 7 installation/Upgrade disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer (set to boot from CD in BIOS).
  2. Press a key when you are prompted.
  3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
  4. Click Repair your computer.
  5. Click the operating system that you want to repair (Windows 7 in this case), and then click Next.
  6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
  7. Once in the command prompt, type exactly 
    Bootrec.exe /FixMbr and then press ENTER. You will see "operation completed successfully." (Doesn't even take a second. ) 
  8. remove cd and reboot

sumitroy said:
which windows version are you using?
you will need windows installer cd
  1. Put the Windows 7 installation/Upgrade disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer (set to boot from CD in BIOS).
  2. Press a key when you are prompted.
  3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
  4. Click Repair your computer.
  5. Click the operating system that you want to repair (Windows 7 in this case), and then click Next.
  6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
  7. Once in the command prompt, type exactly 
    Bootrec.exe /FixMbr and then press ENTER. You will see "operation completed successfully." (Doesn't even take a second. ) 
  8. remove cd and reboot

Can I use Windows installer Pen drive instead of CD ?

By the way I am using WIN Vista .Could that be a problem ?

Newb_Dxer said:
Can I use Windows installer Pen drive instead of CD ?

By the way I am using WIN Vista .Could that be a problem ?

yes you can use pen drive
and no problem in using windows vista but I'll recommend you to upgrade to windows 7 or higher version as windows vista isn't supported by Microsoft anymore (Google chrome is not supported in vista)

Upgrading from Vista will cost lots of money and on top of that Vista is unsupported. It's better to remove Vista completely and live with Linux unless you hv very specific reason to stay with Windows Vista.

Sarkar said:
Upgrading from Vista will cost lots of money and on top of that Vista is unsupported. It's better to remove Vista completely and live with Linux unless you hv very specific reason to stay with Windows Vista.

Bro,

I have no specific reason to stick to Windows except safety and compatibility with Chrome as all my passwords,bookmarks etc are on Chrome.I hope Linux and Ubuntu are as safe as Windows.

Secondly,it was easy to run my HP WiFi printer from Windows.In case of Ubuntu I dont know how to set it up.

Thirdly,Chrome on Windows is available across various platforms including android where as I think on Ubuntu, Chromium browser is not available on Android,if I am correct ?

Moreover Ubuntu is new for me as I have always used Windows which was user friendly.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock