Windows 10 related News, Discussions and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,508
  • Views Views: Views 201,514
Cumulative update (KB4505903) for Windows 10 build 18362 (v1903) is now available for download. OS Build 18362.267

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4505903/windows-10-update-kb4505903
eer5vyp.png

This update also removes Microsoft Edge from start menu if Chromium based Edge is installed.

l53WEIn.png

A78P5WD.png

That's not fair. What if I uninstall new edge, I would be left with no default browser
Old edge is still there. They just removed from start menu and search. So, after uninstalling new edge, you should be able restore old edge. Btw, Internet Explorer is always there.

I thought they deprecated IE already after Edge addition.
Yes it is depreciated. Internet Explorer is still there present in start menu (in Windows accessories folder) and they removed old Edge from start menu if new edge chromium is already installed.

IE is still there because many enterprises uses old websites which is only compatible with IE. So, it is not easy for Microsoft to remove IE. But, Microsoft added IE mode to new Edge browser. So, I think Microsoft may remove Internet Explorer completely from Windows 10 🤷‍♂️ .

Use Microsoft Edge with IE mode
YkJOw01.png

Researcher found a common design flaw within the hardware device drivers from multiple vendors. The nature of the vulnerability has the potential for the widespread compromise of Windows 10 machines.

Drivers that provide access to system BIOS or system components for the purposes of updating firmware, running diagnostics, or customizing options on the component can allow attackers to turn the very tools used to manage a system into powerful threats that can escalate privileges and persist invisibly on the host.

Critical Windows 10 Warning: Millions Of Users At Risk

Last edited:
What’s new in Build 18965 (20H1)
  • Control over restarting apps at sign-in: Windows now puts you in control with a new app restart setting. When turned on, Windows automatically saves your restartable apps when signing out, restarting, or shutting down Windows, and restarts them next time you sign in. This setting is off by default and you can change it any time in Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
  • Feedback Hub updates
  • Insiders may notice a new “Cloud download” option in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) under “Reset this PC.” This feature is not working quite yet. We’ll let you know once it is, so you can try it out!
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18965 | Windows Experience Blog

Back
Top Bottom