Windies tour of India - 2018 | News & Updates

What I have already said....
A decade ago, India had the simultaneous services of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh. Not only were they handy part-timers, all with different styles of bowling, but were also decent enough to bowl 10 overs on good days.
At the moment, Kedar Jadhav and Suresh Raina are India's best options among batsmen who can bowl. But there are two issues with them. Primary of them is that, they are a liability with one of their skills. Jadhav on the field and Raina (unfortunately) with the bat. Neither of them will be able to cut through in the side on the basis of their primary ability.
Batsmen who don't bowl, bowlers that can't bat

We can only go with the best available 'Resources' in hand.
Though me too don't like to have Jadeja in ODIs ever since the emerge of Kul-Cha, but for team balance, I'll replace Chahal with Jadeja. Chahal might be a little better bowler (stat-wise), but Jadeja is far better batsman. Also the fact is, Jadeja is now experienced and most importantly knows his place is not granted (which was at MS era, doesn't matter he fails 'n' number of matches). Also he knows the pain of being out of the team and he'll do everything to stay in Playing XI.
Also I don't see Rayudu making a cut in WC unless he have some match winning knocks which is very unlikely, same goes for Pandey. I like to have Rahul in my playing XI, but it seems unlikely.
MSD's form is much worrying, though he'll definitely be in WC playing XI. But if he continues to fail miserably in next 15 odd matches, you never know!

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli(c), Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w), Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, K Khaleel Ahmed, Jasprit Bumrah

Kedar In for Pant
Jaddu In for Chahal

Dqq-M8-Ke-U8-AAB8m0.jpg

Windies (Playing XI): Kieran Powell, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shai Hope(w), Marlon Samuels, Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell, Jason Holder(c), Fabian Allen, Ashley Nurse, Kemar Roach, Keemo Paul

Keemo Paul In n McCoy out.

Last edited:
Windies (Playing XI): Kieran Powell, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shai Hope(w), Marlon Samuels, Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell, Jason Holder(c), Fabian Allen, Ashley Nurse, Kemar Roach, Keemo Paul.

Why MSD playing ?? Instead They should have given chance to young Pant to do WK today to get some more practice before Aus Tour .. also he'll would have scored quickly better than MSD :wink:

Why MSD playing ?? Instead They should have given chance to young Pant to do WK today to get some more practice before Aus Tour .. also he'll would have scored quickly better than MSD :wink:
Virat (and Ravi) can't discard MSD that easily! They'll definitely give chances to him on next match too (even if he fails today)!

Virat (and Ravi) can't discard MSD that easily! They'll definitely give chances to him on next match too (even if he fails today)!
Poor Pant :( this was the match where he would have showed his talent in Odi also as he always do better in 3rd match after getting failure in 2 Odis.. but yes Virat will not led MS for DRS:rolleyes:

Poor Pant :( this was the match where he would have showed his talent in Odi also as he always do better in 3rd match after getting failure in 2 Odis.. but yes Virat will not led MS for DRS:rolleyes:
Even me (arguably MSD's biggest criticizer on DDF) don't want him to be dropped now. I still believe he has still some cricket with him. We've seen this on yellow this year, but somehow it's not coming on blue.

Back
Top Bottom