Seeking Help Which Wifi Router to go for?

Any please suggest me best router

price no issue

but WiFi range is important
If you just need a Router & not an ADSL router with modem facilities, go for the cheapest TP-Link router available like this one : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B001FWYGJS/?tag=dreamdth-21

The above is available @ only 899/- on Amazon...

I am using the TP-Link C20 AC750 router from past 2 years without any single problem...TP-Link routers come with 3 years of warranty too...

Since you don't have a very high speed internet connection, wasting money on Wireless-AC routers is not needed...A 300 Mbps Dual band Router will be more than sufficient for you...

Last edited:
It looks like a silly question. But I don't know about this.

I have an Airtel Fibernet, They have Huawei Modem with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band

What is the difference between modem and router?

What is the use of Router?
Yes that looks a decent product but be aware that's just a router not a modem combo and do not support RJ11 (telephone cable) connectivity. You can only connect a RJ45 Ethernet cable. I say this because you never mentioned your ISP and type of the broadband.

What is the difference between modem and router?

What is the use of Router?

The connection between your home and internet (or in simple words ISP) is called WAN (Wide Area Network). And the connection between your devices and/or WAN is called LAN (Local Area Network).

A modem creates the WAN. It translates the signals from the ISP so that your devices can communicate with it. You mandatorily need a modem to connect to internet.

A router as the name suggests, routes the data transfer between devices. You don't need internet to create LAN. You can have a LAN among various devices like phones, computer, laptop etc. and use it for file sharing, printer sharing etc. even without a internet connection.

Primary use of the router is to create a LAN for your various devices and assign IP addresses for those devices. Also you can put a firewall on the router to protect yourself against security threats.

I made this diagram for your better understanding..

9l340y7.jpg

You can go ”all in“ like me with 2 x Asus RT-AX88U. Set them up as mesh network and make a total fool of yourself. :poop:

The connection between your home and internet (or in simple words ISP) is called WAN (Wide Area Network). And the connection between your devices and/or WAN is called LAN (Local Area Network).

A modem creates the WAN. It translates the signals from the ISP so that your devices can communicate with it. You mandatorily need a modem to connect to internet.

A router as the name suggests, routes the data transfer between devices. You don't need internet to create LAN. You can have a LAN among various devices like phones, computer, laptop etc. and use it for file sharing, printer sharing etc. even without a internet connection.

Primary use of the router is to create a LAN for your various devices and assign IP addresses for those devices. Also you can put a firewall on the router to protect yourself against security threats.

I made this diagram for your better understanding..

9l340y7.jpg

Nice explanation for lay men like me

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock