Seeking Help Which mobile provider is best for my needs ?

happy_penguin

Reaction score
Hi,

At the moment I am using Airtel for calling & SMS. I don't make phone calls that regularly. I just receive them.
I never use 3G/4G data. I have a JioFi device for that purpose
I am looking for a mobile provider which offers cheap plans for 1 year. In short I want to recharge for 1 year at
a time.

I searched on the Internet & found that the 1 year plans of Airtel costs Rs 998 & Rs 1699.
These are a complete overkill in my situation coz as I said before I do not use 3G/4G data.

Is there any telecom provider operating in India which offers cheap 1 year plans ?

On 1st October ported my secondary number to BSNL as here no problem in bsnl 2g
Paid ₹150 (including frc ₹108)
All calls free/1gb per day for 60 days
& Planning to recharge ₹365 for one year after that

That time is gone. I used to say the same thing but network in many areas especially outside the cities is in shambles. Generators do not have diesel and they don't have money to replace batteries.

My people in my paternal village used BSNL for 15 years but now the network is so bad that it only comes for few hours a day.
Forget villages, BSNL doesn't have network in the middle of metro cities either.

That time is gone. I used to say the same thing but network in many areas especially outside the cities is in shambles. Generators do not have diesel and they don't have money to replace batteries.

My people in my paternal village used BSNL for 15 years but now the network is so bad that it only comes for few hours a day.
Not the case in Tamilnadu. But call drop occurs frequently during voice calls via its 3G network.

The actual 3G data speed here is equal to just 5 times the speed of 2G EDGE network (236.6 Kbps x 8).

If you have used fiber or private operator for mobile data, then you cannot use BSNL because its speed is very worse in such a way that you will break the SIM waiting for the pages or youtube to load with buffering.

Still no operators (including Jio) in Tamilnadu can overtake the 2G and 3G coverage of BSNL here.

Not the case in Tamilnadu. But call drop occurs frequently during voice calls via its 3G network.

The actual 3G data speed here is equal to just 5 times the speed of 2G EDGE network (236.6 Kbps x 8).

If you have used fiber or private operator for mobile data, then you cannot use BSNL because its speed is very worse in such a way that you will break the SIM waiting for the pages or youtube to load with buffering.

Still no operators (including Jio) in Tamilnadu can overtake the 2G and 3G coverage of BSNL here.
The only draw back in BSNL is it has either 2G and 3G or 2G and 4G. If they replace 2G with 3G it will be the best

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock