Discussion Which digital streaming service

It depends on what u like watching and ur budget.

Neflix has maximum range of International including foreign language movies, host of originals, limited hindi movies or indian content, wide selection of International/Foreign Language TV Shows or Web Series. Cost wise it is very expensive.

HotStar is a powerhouse having 2/3rd of market share in India. It has Live TV Channels, Live Sports, Good Variety of English Shows from various international networks, Unparralel library of Star's Hindi TV Shows and Hindi + English Movie Database is also quite nice. Cost wise it is alright.

Amazon is another good economical option for people who like American or UK TV shows, there r few international shows too available, Hindi movie library is decent and English Movie database is also fine. Does provide few indian tv shows too . Again cost wise it's worth a try

Zee5 is pretty good too , Sony Liv surely needs more improvement. Hoichoi is purely bengali stuff, Voot is primarily local originals or tv content driven. Haven't used Jio Cinema.

It depends on you,

Last edited:
If u consider user interface, customer service, streaming quality then any day netflix will beat other .
But amazon prime is also very good . It can stream in HD even in 3G.
Rest of them are so-so.
Sony liv/Hotstar kinda same . Streaming quality not that great .
Hoichoi is good for bengali peoples , for the sake of web series they are giving B grade p**n movie, soft p**n type content . Streaming quality not that great .
Zee5 is the worst .
Note : I have personally tested all of the above mentioned streaming service and used as premium member .I used airtel 4G and BSNL 3G for streaming and that too with my firestick.

From the following which digital streaming can we rate in ascending order.
1) NetFlix
2) Prime
3) Hotstar
4) SonyLiv
5) Zee5
6) Hoichoi
7) Voot
8) Jio Cinema

Just to add to this list, there is:
9) Sunnxt
10) Yupptv
11) YouTube :D
12) Alt Balaji

By the way, never heard of Jio Cinema. Coming to know of it in this thread. Anyones tried it?

For me, in the order of my use, 1) Youtube 2) Amazon Prime Video 3) SonyLiv 4) JioTV/Cinema
Apart from JioTV/Cinama, all other 3 I can watch in my TV, youtube is no.1 as almost all of it's content is free and it has contents on everything including Free courses, training materials apart from the entertainment. It is second version of google where we can search and watch almost on any topics be it medical, engineering, entertainment, movies or anything.
Amazon Prime Video is very much affordable and has best quality movies/shows.
We can watch offline Sony channels for free on SonyLiv and is very useful.
JioTv/Cinema is useful but mostly it is restricted to mobile only and we cannot watch it in TV.

Jio Cinema works pretty good on firestick however its PQ lacks in majority of its contents.
Amazon prime - thats most affordable service provider currently.
Netflix is the costliest of all because of its international content and quality. E.g i compared amazon prime and Netflix for hindi movie "Andaz apna apna" you will understand what i mean here.
Zee5 has recently picked very well in terms of contents, earlier it was struggling in the section.
YouTube by all choice is free so nothing to comment on it.
YuppTv contents are something that the provider should work hard on, moreover the channels they provide in indian subcontinent does not cover major watched live TVs.
Sunnxt - i had not personally watched as i dont understand tamil language though i love movies which are either dubbed or have english translations.

According to NBCuniversal. Report on digital colonist in india.
HOTSTAR stands no.1
2. SONY.LIV.
They both stand at top because of sport content.
In terms of show and local content.
Voot has almost 50% of the digital share market followed by amazon, hotstar , zeer and sony liv.
In live content:
Hotstar again rules followed by sony Liv and Jio TV.
Strugglers : NETFLIX is struggling in india due to lack of local content.
MAJOR NETWORK:
If cricket was considered Hotstar has 60+% market share
If shows was considered Voot rules out as a major player.

I used Prime Video for a year my experience with it was very good I watched some series like Breathe, Shaitani haweli, American Gods, Dexter etc,
Using Netflix from last three months Content wise experience is better than amazon prime, I watched Sacred Games, Narcos Mexico, Sabrina, Izombie, Hinterland etc.

I wish amazon provide monthly subscription to all bank users. :verysad:
Use the ICICI's pockets app. Add 129 rupees to its prepaid debit card using your bank. Then you can get monthly subscription. First month is free for ICICI bank users. They will only deduct 2 rupees and return it within a week.

For me, in the order of my use, 1) Youtube 2) Amazon Prime Video 3) SonyLiv 4) JioTV/Cinema
Apart from JioTV/Cinama, all other 3 I can watch in my TV, youtube is no.1 as almost all of it's content is free and it has contents on everything including Free courses, training materials apart from the entertainment. It is second version of google where we can search and watch almost on any topics be it medical, engineering, entertainment, movies or anything.
Amazon Prime Video is very much affordable and has best quality movies/shows.
We can watch offline Sony channels for free on SonyLiv and is very useful.
JioTv/Cinema is useful but mostly it is restricted to mobile only and we cannot watch it in TV.
Jio Cinema App is available in Fire TV Stick and can be watched in TV. Good Hindi and regional movies are available. Jio TV can also be side loaded in Fire TV stick but navigation is irksome.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock