Breaking ICC invited bids for Digital Streaming rights for 2019-23

It will be quite exciting. As there are some three ICC tournament lined up to hosted in India. The craze for that is high. So that many of these existing ones while some new ones like Amazon may buy right to entry the market in India.
May be the competition will be between Hotstar Vs Jio( Less Chance) Vs Amazon vs Sony. Sony will attend, but they wont get it for sure.

Totally agree with you. But, why are you voting Netflix and Amazon out? Amazon has bought streaming rights of other major streaming rights like Premier League. Also Netflix heavily invest on content. Although they haven't shown interest in sports yet. Cricket would be a safe bet for them in India with their new mobile centric plans. And Sony should stay away for live streaming.

Whoever has the sports with good infrastructure is winning the streaming race in the country.
You forgot AMAZON now they are buying sport rights example Superbowl.
Not forget, I was unaware of Amazon's sports business. But Netflix has very less chance for it. Nothing can be predicted in case of Amazon as they are exploring new ways day by day. Undoubtedly Amazon is capable of buying it. May they buy it and conduct a watch n play to sell their online products,give many offers integrating to their ecosystem. But more than purchasing capacity, recovering capability is important here. As Star is completely equipped and a veteran in this field, they can generate more profit than anyone. So they may go till last moment. Also this is for 4 years and includes less popular matches also. For others its a big job to present it to people.

I believe Twitch or Hotstar will take over. Twitch recently took over digital rights of USA BASKETBALL and NBA

I believe Twitch or Hotstar will take over. Twitch recently took over digital rights of USA BASKETBALL and NBA
Also some shows and pay per view rights of Impact Wrestling and AAA. Twitch can benefit a lot if they attract cricket fans and those PUBG gamers in India.

Maybe Disney mouse will buy digital streaming Rights

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock