WhatsApp News and Updates

Twitter is flooded with users reporting this problem. Just search for "Whatsapp obsolete" on Twitter and you will see the number of users affected.

Also, so far, this problem is being faced only by people on MIUI using .428
No other brand users have reported it yet.

Affected users are hurriedly uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp. While it fixes the issue for some and reinstalls 2.17.427, some of the users forget to "Restore Backup from Google Drive", thereby losing all of their messages on WhatsApp.

Redmi needs to have a look at this immediately.

I was facing this problem on my Redmi Note 4 but I downloaded and installed the latest version (2.18.8, still not on play store) from whatsapp website directly and it solved the problem.

http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk

You can install it without uninstalling the previous version. It will overwrite the previous version and none of your messages/pics/videos will be lost.

Last edited:
So they are claiming issue in distribution

Sarkar bhai i hope u installed whatsapp from Playstore right ??

Yes from play store,

I think what happened is that MIUI has its own app store same like Play store, I think WhatsApp got updated from that Miui app store to ver 428 but as Play store latest version is 427 so there is the conflict

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock