WhatsApp News and Updates

A team of German cryptographers has discovered flaws in WhatsApp's Group chats despite its end-to-end encryption, that makes it possible to infiltrate private group chats without admin permission. According to a report, the cryptographers from Ruhr University Bochum in Germany announced this at the "Real World Crypto Security Conference in Zurich, Switzerland, on Wednesday.

"Anyone who controls the app's servers could insert new people into private group chats without needing admin permission," the report said, citing cryptographers. "The confidentiality of the group is broken as soon as the uninvited member can obtain all the new messages and read them," Paul Rosler, one of the Ruhr University researchers, was quoted as saying.

WhatsApp Group Chats Can Easily be Infiltrated: Report

You need to update bro as you are using old 427 Ver whereas I am on new 428 😉
I'm not getting any update message. Btw, on the website, it's 2.18.8 and on play store, it's 2.14.427 (update date 29 Nov).

I'm not getting any update message. Btw, on the website, it's 2.18.8 and on play store, it's 2.14.427 (update date 29 Nov).

Ok this is getting weired, now got another

BTW I am not on Beta testing programme, don't know why they say leave testing program

Last edited:
Even I faced this problem today morning. Till yesterday, even though the update message was appearing, it showed today that date is 13th n I need to update the app if I want to use it.

I thought this is some good up with Miui.. there is a Miui apps app now.. nothing worked. Had Dual App whatsapp configured. Removed that n the main one n only thren it worked.

Remove WhatsApp n reinstall n it - seem to be work well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock