WhatsApp News and Updates

WhatsApp has been spotted testing a new button in group chats that will allow one administrator to "demote" or "dismiss" other administrators, without first deleting them from the group and then adding again as normal participants. WhatsApp is testing the feature on both Android (beta v2.18.12) and iOS. Right now, when an administrator wants to remove a fellow administrator from the post, it is required to first directly remove the concerned administrator from the group and then add him or her again.

WhatsApp 'Demote as Admin' Feature Being Tested for Group Chats

The "WhatsApp obsolete" problem has been fixed for all users now- including those who did not do anything and were waiting for the problem to be resolved by the providers. All users now able to access WhatsApp, even on version 2.17.428

Update: Such users have been silently updated to v 2.18.9 - probably a background update.

Last edited:
xlsYcrY.png

Google playstore have 2.17
Mi store have 2.18 version
Both screen shots taken today
Yes bro, this is what WhatsApp was referring to when they said that the problem is because of the way their app is distributed. Ideally, Mi Store should not be allowing 2.18.9 but I think it is giving if update to beta versions is allowed. I prefer not to use Mi Apps Store. It may create problems, hence best to stick to Play Store versions.

WhatsApp obsolete error: Xiaomi says issue impacted their phones, admits fault

In a statement, which was also shared with indianexpress.com, Xiaomi said, “A few Xiaomi users reported an issue with WhatsApp on their smartphones. After a thorough investigation, we learned that a beta version of WhatsApp was pushed out on our Mi App Store a few days ago, which some users updated to. We have updated our App store listing with a newer version, approved by WhatsApp, which we encourage any users facing issues, to update to. We apologise for any inconvenience faced by our Mi Fans, and promise to be more vigilant going forward.”

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock