OTF Exclusive Web Series, Movies & Originals Recommendations & Reviews by members

Finished two episodes of Decoupled. And I can proudly say the makers got inside of my head and got all that. And executed it brilliantly too. 👍

Never shake a teenagers hand or put his phone on your face. 😂

Parampara:

Good story, but it is very lengthy.
The picture quality is good, but the cinematography is very poor. Especially in the first episode. It improves a bit in the later episodes.
And so much of unnecessary smoking. Like, an overdose of it.
I watched in Telugu with English subtitles. But I checked the Hindi dub, and it was also good.
Overall, it's a decent watch.

Parampara:

Good story, but it is very lengthy.
The picture quality is good, but the cinematography is very poor. Especially in the first episode. It improves a bit in the later episodes.
And so much of unnecessary smoking. Like, an overdose of it.
I watched in Telugu with English subtitles. But I checked the Hindi dub, and it was also good.
Overall, it's a decent watch.
The Premise is very good. They could have taken inspiration from Succession and made it even more engaging.. Not a bad show for an first attempt for Telugu Star Maa/Hotstar Specials team.

They reportedly spent a lot of money on the show. They should have gotten better people in tech depts. Bgm is almost repetitive and a not s great choice at all. Editor should have trimmed up the series to 6 episodes which would be perfect for the story they chose to tell.

Last edited:
That wasn't developed by Hotstar team. They have just acquired it. It was developed as a movie too initially. They just segregated the episodes based on the themes.
Had no idea about it.

Also, do you know why this scene wasn't there in the entire show? Or did I miss it? 🤔

Source

Watched Parampara in Telugu. Nothing new in it. It is Guns, goons, revenge, smoking, drinking, faction and family feuds all the way, except the fact it is now in Telugu. It is dragged unnecessarily and still not concluded. There will be S2. The city in question in the series is Visakhapatnam. It is a peaceful city in Andhra Pradesh and you will not find any gun and goon culture there. Really offended because it happens to be my home town.

Dopesick on Disney+ Hotstar

This is another amazing show by 20TH Television. Micheal Keaton, Peter Sarsgaard, Katiln Dever are treat to watch in this show. It hit all the rights notes through out. Easily one of my top 10 dramas this year.

Just sad to see, not much recognition from many people. If it would be a Netflix series, people would be raving about it. As I have observed, apart from Marvel, Star Wars shows currently, many general entertainment shows put by Disney+ Hotstar and even many shows by Prime Video does not make a noise at all. The Underground Railroad as well didn't have any recognition as well but are raving about below average The Wheel of Time show. Hope all deserving shows get a recognition atleast from now on.

Dopesick on Disney+ Hotstar

This is another amazing show by 20TH Television. Micheal Keaton, Peter Sarsgaard, Katiln Dever are treat to watch in this show. It hit all the rights notes through out. Easily one of my top 10 dramas this year.

Just sad to see, not much recognition from many people. If it would be a Netflix series, people would be raving about it. As I have observed, apart from Marvel, Star Wars shows currently, many general entertainment shows put by Disney+ Hotstar and even many shows by Prime Video does not make a noise at all. The Underground Railroad as well didn't have any recognition as well but are raving about below average The Wheel of Time show. Hope all deserving shows get a recognition atleast from now on.
Was waiting for it to be over. Will binge all episodes soon.

Also, do you know why this scene wasn't there in the entire show? Or did I miss it?
No, haven't seen it. I never thought about that as well.
The city in question in the series is Visakhapatnam. It is a peaceful city in Andhra Pradesh and you will not find any gun and goon culture there. Really offended because it happens to be my home town.
Buddy, it's a fictional drama, not a documentary so you shouldn't take it personally. Even a lot of Telugu Movies depicted Rayalaseema with Gore and factions in the recent times as well. We should enjoy watching those fiction dramas and brush off those references from our memories.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock