OTF Exclusive Web Series, Movies & Originals Recommendations & Reviews by members

• Thread starter Thread starter shreyaskini
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2,214
  • Views Views: Views 244,008
Most of the big movies now a days come with social media blitz powered by bots and further fuelled by crazy fans.It totally overwhelms the content of the movie,story and acting.Bollywood actors are crying for this type of hysteria for hindi movies.
Yes. And once you like any post containing a certain opinion, the algorithm makes sure you are bombarded with posts with similar viewpoints.

Yes. And once you like any post containing a certain opinion, the algorithm makes sure you are bombarded with posts with similar viewpoints.
This is the reason why I keep my search and watch history off.

The Last Seconds of Humankind on Discovery+. Nawazuddin Siddiqui is narrating Chinese prehistory. It is so weird and hilarious at the same time. It's like watching some weird Sacred Games crossover.

Finally got time to finish IC814. I can say as a series based on real events. It's factually incorrect and full of sh#t. At first ISI was completely responsible for the hijacking. Saying ISI not even being remotely involved at the end of series was desperate attempt by makers to gain attention to one poorly made series. Long before stupid people made big deal about code names of terrorist. Visually it's stunning to watch. Cinematography is excellent. That's where the positivity ends. The series has many sub plots they don't address. The one where terrorist Masood Azhar interacts with the prison guard leads to nowhere. Raw agent's subplot in Kathmandu post hijack started well but by end became stale. Scenes from newsroom were cringeworthy. That looked nothing like a newsroom. One thing I liked about the series was humanisation of terrorist which is rare for Indian content which is a norm for international series. Although they didn't showed terrorist trying to convert people and speeches they gave about Kashmir insurgency. They weirdly showed terrorist playing antakshari with passenger. Both actually happened. Makers showed one thing. Skipped another. They were doing good work from covering the negotiations in Dubai to cover Taliban's ironic diplomatic role until the last episode where they had the whole Osama nonsense. Worst about all is Vijay Verma. He looked nowhere like a stressed pilot who was going through hell. Dead facial expressions along with a clean shaved face while staying on board for 7 days. Patraleka and the other actress who played the role of Chaaya looked more convincing. I watched the Nat Geo special about the hijack like 10 years ago. I felt so bad about the person who lost her husband which they skipped here after the hostages were released. This is just shameful.

Edit: This is a long review. I got to add two more things. The way they fast forwarded scenes of Farooq Abdullah were annoying and stupid. One thing I liked was how they made NSG looked desperate and bad. Because that had actually happened because of slow decision making. They get few things completely right. Others just completely wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom