OTF Exclusive Web Series, Movies & Originals Recommendations & Reviews by members

Unhinged - Russell Crowe is brutal. Lot of violence, not so family friendly. Plot is similar to Tail Gate, but Crowe is the difference. Available on prime.

It's Friday. Anything fresh even streaming today?

If you anyone are wondering for anything new., I would recommend this breathtaking series.

FX's Under The Banner of Heaven

The seven episode series is very well constructed and isn't your everyday crime thriller/drama. It revolves heavily around Mormonism/LDS (A Christian religion). Eventhough, I know nothing about that, the screenplay is constructed in such a way that anyone could understand the drive and motives of the persons involved with the murder as well. Coming to cast, I can't say enough about how good Andrew Garfield is in this. Sam Worthington has finally a very good role in his CV, Wyatt Russel, Daisy Edgar Jones and everybody is good. Specially, the detective duo, Garfield and Gil Birmingham are a treat to watch.

My only issue with this is, Disney+ Hotstar, they are always off the schedule for this show, and subs are missing for some episodes. Although, we are the only ones who got this along with USA, so, I don't mind it.

Last edited:
If you anyone are wondering for anything new., I would recommend this breathtaking series.

FX's Under The Banner of Heaven

The seven episode series is very well constructed and isn't your everyday crime thriller/drama. It revolves heavily around Mormonism/LDS (A Christian religion). Eventhough, I know nothing about that, the screenplay is constructed in such a way that anyone could understand the drive and motives of the persons involved with the murder as well. Coming to cast, I can't say enough about how good Andrew Garfield is in this. Sam Worthington has finally a very good role in his CV, Wyatt Russel, Daisy Edgar Jones and everybody is good. Specially, the detective duo, Garfield and Gil Birmingham are a treat to watch.

My only issue with this is, Disney+ Hotstar, they are always off the schedule for this show, and subs are missing for some episodes. Although, we are the only ones who got this along with USA, so, I don't mind it.
Watched couple of episodes it was too long and too slow for my liking :)

I can feel you.
That's why playback speed controls is a must (especially in this day and age). You can control the speed according to the content you are watching.
I am too hesitant to watch anything on Hotstar and Prime Video these days (especially shows), because of the absence of playback speed controls. Many people don't have that much time or patience. That's why the world is moving towards short form content.

I understand this. These prestige dramas will be like this. Unless, they are action shows, they will most likely be paced around the same level. In the last couple of years, there were less of these shows because of pandemic. They are slowly coming back, there are multiple this year from HBO, FX, Hulu and ShowTime. I for one who most likely will watch these shows, love them for what they are..

As fun as the Disney+, Netflix or Amazon action epic shows are, they don't really test the creators and cast that much like these shows do imo. Most of them will be at their absolute best which I like see more.

I can feel you.
That's why playback speed controls is a must (especially in this day and age). You can control the speed according to the content you are watching.
I am too hesitant to watch anything on Hotstar and Prime Video these days (especially shows), because of the absence of playback speed controls. Many people don't have that much time or patience. That's why the world is moving towards short form content.
I started watching For all Mankind on Apple TV.The premise of the show is very good but again the slow pace and lengthy episodes killed my enthusiasm after a few.

Attack - Part 1: A decent attempt at trying something fresh. But not nearly polished. The events surrounding the love angle felt too forced and unnatural. They could've used something else as his motivation. The action sequences could've been a lot better. Loved the interactions between John and the AI.
7/10

Jana Gana Mana: Wow. Such a brilliant movie. From start till the end. Could've never guessed the plot twist. Suraj Venjaramoodu was the star of the show. Prithviraj has very less screentime, but whenever he appears, he just consumes you with his performance. I am very excited for the next part. Has this movie not been dubbed in Hindi? I also wanted my friends to watch it.
9.5/10

Midnight: Was curious after reading the Synopsis, so went ahead and watched it. Enjoyed it. Especially loved the ending. A good and short thriller. It's available in Hindi audio as well.
8/10

The Boys - S3 (E01-04): I have literally no words for this show. Or maybe just one word - "Diabolical". Just one suggestion - don't watch while eating.
10/10

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock