Discussion Vodafone might exit India

If idea has super cash strength like RIL they may continue in telecom sector without vodafone partnership.
45% of the joint venture is owned by Vodafone. Buying out will require big funding from Idea's parent Aditya Birla group.
Better option is 2 foreign investors to enter and buy 15-15 % and Idea increase stake to 40%.

Who will buy out the enormous share? Ans:- Nobody after what had happened. Let's see what unfolds as the panel has been set up to bail out private operators too.

Who will buy out the enormous share? Ans:- Nobody after what had happened. Let's see what unfolds as the panel has been set up to bail out private operators too.
The way the share is falling, it could soon reach ₹1 or worse.

Damn I have quite a bit of money (2000+) in my vodafone prepaid & i dont use that number at all nowadays :(

Free calls and cheap data are the main cause for the present situation in Telcom companies. In the back drop of recent Supreme Court order, Govt. constituted a Secretary level committee headed by Rajiv Gouba, Cabinet Secretary to consider special economic package to Telcom companies to bail them out. It is expected that the Committee may recommend to do away free calls and free data offers.
If it happens, then the Telcom companies including BSNL may come out of red.

Source: A news item published in todays Telugu Daily Andhra Jyoti.

Damn I have quite a bit of money (2000+) in my vodafone prepaid & i dont use that number at all nowadays :(
We have seen this situation (trying to port) several times, when Telenor, MTS, Aircel, etc. were shutting down. But those were fringe players and not big national operators like Vodafone. This will be too big an exit for the public to handle. In my opinion Vodafone should at least continue its brand in India, even if the company no longer stays. Nobody missed Telenor/MTS/Tata Docomo that much, as they were migrated to Airtel/Vodafone anyway or used MNP. But Vodafone is a massive player and it cannot afford to exit. That will create a huge outrage like when Jet Airways collapsed.

AmbaniCom will not stop until it pushes Airtel and Vodafone-Idea into shutting down. See this video. Reliance Jio insists that there will be no problem if these two shut down as new players can enter. :ouch: :ouch: Absolutely unacceptable behaviour from AmbaniCom (my name for Jio).

'Airtel, Vodafone Idea shedding crocodile tears': Reliance Jio to COAI

Even IndiGo does not behave like this in the aviation sector though it is in a dominant position. It never wanted Jet to collapse. Here Jio wants Airtel and Vodafone to collapse.

Last edited:
AmbaniCom will not stop until it pushes Airtel and Vodafone-Idea into shutting down. See this video. Reliance Jio insists that there will be no problem if these two shut down as new players can enter. :ouch: :ouch: Absolutely unacceptable behaviour from AmbaniCom (my name for Jio).

'Airtel, Vodafone Idea shedding crocodile tears': Reliance Jio to COAI

Even IndiGo does not behave like this in the aviation sector though it is in a dominant position. It never wanted Jet to collapse. Here Jio wants Airtel and Vodafone to collapse.
Avoid looted from India and invested in Overseas, not intrested Rural India and hiding AGR incomes to Govt. Now crying for old AGR dues.

Last edited:
Great! No need to be sad as most people contributed to this, now if ultimately competition ceases then subscribers will have no options to chose. Entry of new players is unlikely bcoz of current pricing restriction which makes whole business model financially unviable.

Not only in telecom but such excess freebies handed out is not the right way forward for any business. Customers need to act mature to demand quality at affordable price, competition helps attain balance but sadly here disruption route causes more trouble than benefits.

Some people say oh look airtel, vodafone were charging exorbitant amount before entry of Jio and people r now making them realise mistake. Well though i partially agree to 1st part but to make them mend mistakes one should have asked for required offers or discounts but just making them suffer heavy loss will ultimately lead to where we r today.

Anyways it is too late now, most people are not even aware about actual facts hence will not know until pinch is felt themselves. Really hope that if only Jio is singular player left then they continue giving services at nominal rates rather than keeping the bar high to recover losses and enter profit

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock