Discussion Vodafone might exit India

My father is using At&t since 2001 then...at&t rebranded as Idea cellular

Lol 🤣...it was there.Idea Cellular was started as a joint venture of Aditya Birla Group with the AT&T and the Tata Group, ... At&t was launchd few yrs ago... I don't know exactly yr... But i have it sim ...then after few yrs at&t rebrand as Idea cellular......
Well, I did not know these things! :skd:

Besides AT&T, even Orange (the Mumbai brand of Hutch until 2005) has business services in India. Many international telcos which are not present in India otherwise have such offices. Deutsche Telekom is another. But I never knew that Idea was originally known as AT&T.
Idea Cellular, new name for Birla-Tata-AT&T

Last edited:
"Wherever you go, our network follows" was the once campaign slogan of Hutch mobile. It was instant hit among the Indian youth those days. It was rebranded as Vodafone later and it could not sustain the stiff competition from Airtel and Jio. Even merger with Idea could not help it to stay afloat.
It will be very unfortunate if Vodafone leaves India.

So atlast Jio, Airtel and BSNL left in this large country...?
Certainly not BSNL. That will surely shut down. Also, note that only Vodafone plans to exit. Aditya Birla is still going to be there.

I hope nothing happens. AmbaniCom has stirred up a huge thunderstorm already.

Certainly not BSNL. That will surely shut down. Also, note that only Vodafone plans to exit. Aditya Birla is still going to be there.

I hope nothing happens. AmbaniCom has stirred up a huge thunderstorm already.
Believe me, BSNL is here to stay. It is likely to get a huge revival with the money that govt is getting through recent supreme court judgement.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock