TRAI recomends fine of Rs. 3150 cr on Airtel, Idea & Vodafone

• Thread starter Thread starter Ritesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 32
  • Views Views: Views 3,364
Update yourself. Jio has deployed LTE Advanced to its network. In theory this tech can achieve 1Gbps using 5 carriers. Commercial solutions currently available support 3 carriers with max speed upto 600Mbps [emoji6]
http://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/reliance-jio-begins-carrier-aggregation-trials-across-all-bands/53399543

For real world commercial deployment status you can check it.

EE said it managed to get 360Mbps on an HTC 10 when it tested its network in a real-world setting at Wembley Arena

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ee-customers-get-big-mobile-internet-speed-boost-faster-4g-rolls-out-1579957

Sorry, I missed that. So, Jio can theoretically give greater speeds than 100Mbps. But even with carrier aggregation, no commercial carrier provides such speeds in real life.

The above example of EE in UK you gave was under test condition with no other load. They are advertising the same as 4G+ or 4GEE service with max speed 90 Mbps (see the difference!), whereas real world speeds will still be around 50-60Mbps even on those connections. Also, their network with 4G+/4GEE is limited area (whereas Jio has such infrastructure almost across India I guess)

Also, do you know that EE network is giving 4G+ (max speed 90Mbps) network with min pack 2GB per month at 21 GBP i.e 2 GB at around Rs.1750 per month. Normal 4G (max speed 20Mbps) 250MB they are giving at 13GBP i.e. around Rs.1050.
Sources: Double Speed 4G & 4G+: Higher Speeds Worth The Upgrade?
30 day Pay Monthly Phone SIMs

I have seen 62.5 mbps on jio twice this month.. Let's see whats coming after 31st dec..

rtz2042 said:
I have seen 62.5 mbps on jio twice this month.. Let's see whats coming after 31st dec..

Your area surely has minimal congestion and you are quite close to the network tower that's why. Speed won't sky rocket after 31st Dec for you. But for those who are getting less than 10Mbps would sure see their speeds skyrocketing.

Prathamesh said:
Sorry, I missed that. So, Jio can theoretically give greater speeds than 100Mbps. But even with carrier aggregation, no commercial carrier provides such speeds in real life.

The above example of EE in UK you gave was under test condition with no other load. They are advertising the same as 4G+ or 4GEE service with max speed 90 Mbps (see the difference!), whereas real world speeds will still be around 50-60Mbps even on those connections. Also, their network with 4G+/4GEE is limited area (whereas Jio has such infrastructure almost across India I guess)

Also, do you know that EE network is giving 4G+ (max speed 90Mbps) network with min pack 2GB per month at 21 GBP i.e 2 GB at around Rs.1750 per month. Normal 4G (max speed 20Mbps) 250MB they are giving at 13GBP i.e. around Rs.1050.
Sources: Double Speed 4G & 4G+: Higher Speeds Worth The Upgrade?
30 day Pay Monthly Phone SIMs

Don't go by price number only. You should normalize it with their per capita income.

If you give a British beggar one GBP(just like we give 1 Rupee coin to a beggar in India) that's equal to ₹85 here in India.

So 1050÷85=13 GBP. So they get 250 MB 4G data at just 13 GBP. Which operator in India gives you 250 MB 4G data at ₹13? Just before Jio's launch 300 MB 4G data was priced ₹100 which is 8 times more than a British people pay for same amount of data.

Or take 2GB example. British people get 2GB at 21GBP. Which Indian operator gives you 2GB 4G data at ₹21? Avoid group is charging ₹265 for same 2GB data here in West Bengal. Which is 10 times more than the amount British people are paying. Even Jio will not give it to you.

Now see how avoid was looting us but still singing same song that Indians enjoy cheap rate.

Prathamesh said:
Your area surely has minimal congestion and you are quite close to the network tower that's why. Speed won't sky rocket after 31st Dec for you. But for those who are getting less than 10Mbps would sure see their speeds skyrocketing.
Can't say about congestion but the tower is just 100 mtrs away from my place.. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sarkar said:
Don't go by price number only. You should normalize it with their per capita income.

If you give a British beggar one GBP(just like we give 1 Rupee coin to a beggar in India) that's equal to ₹85 here in India.

So 1050÷85=13 GBP. So they get 250 MB 4G data at just 13 GBP. Which operator in India gives you 250 MB 4G data at ₹13? Just before Jio's launch 300 MB 4G data was priced ₹100 which is 8 times more than a British people pay for same amount of data.

Or take 2GB example. British people get 2GB at 21GBP. Which Indian operator gives you 2GB 4G data at ₹21? Avoid group is charging ₹265 for same 2GB data here in West Bengal. Which is 10 times more than the amount British people are paying. Even Jio will not give it to you.

Now see how avoid was looting us but still singing same song that Indians enjoy cheap rate.
Very good information provided by you Sarkar bro..
And yes, the telecos in India were looting us, until Jio showed them the doors, almost..
I am very much sure that 2017 will bring lots of changes in terms of 4g plans in India. Other telecos seriously need to re-look at the plans and service quality if they need to match up against Jio.

Sarkar said:

So 1050÷85=13 GBP. So they get 250 MB 4G data at just 13 GBP. Which operator in India gives you 250 MB 4G data at ₹13?  Just before Jio's launch 300 MB 4G data was priced ₹100 which is 8 times more than a British people pay for same amount of data.

it's not like that always man. Even if it's a service, you can't compare like that. It is not a government provided service that you bring per capita income & per capita income of UK is not 85 times of India as you done, it's just 7 times. Anyways I don't want to argue over that. But price is determined by infrastructure, investment and competition. Your calculations are incorrect.  :D

Prathamesh said:
it's not like that always man. Even if it's a service, you can't compare like that. It is not a government provided service that you bring per capita income & per capita income of UK is not 85 times of India as you done, it's just 7 times. Anyways I don't want to argue over that. But price is determined by infrastructure, investment and competition. Your calculations are incorrect.  :D
Where did I say UK per capita income is 85 times of India? :huh  I am unable to find it. Can you plz spot it.

And Plz show me the correct calculation as I am unable to understand how Indian telcos claim that we indians have lowest price in the world. All I am seeing is that we Indians are paying 10 times more than the developed countries for the same amount of data though we have 10 times less income :-/  

Waiting for your calculation bro  :sp

Back
Top Bottom