TRAI recomends fine of Rs. 3150 cr on Airtel, Idea & Vodafone

• Thread starter Thread starter Ritesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 32
  • Views Views: Views 3,364
thisisjagan said:
300mb is useless.
@jagan bro, i think 149 + 151 is not a bad plan at all.. After all, you are getting unlimited calls too.
Only if you compare it, like with Airtel you will understand the importance..
Airtel has infinity plan of Rs.1100 + approx. with unlimited calls and just 1gb 4g data. Now imagine how expensive is even 499 plan of Jio...
Just a thought bro.. totally my views. Please don't take it otherwise.. cheers.

rtz2042 said:
@jagan bro, i think 149 + 151 is not a bad plan at all.. After all, you are getting unlimited calls too.
Only if you compare it, like with Airtel you will understand the importance..
Airtel has infinity plan of Rs.1100 + approx. with unlimited calls and just 1gb 4g data. Now imagine how expensive is even 499 plan of Jio...
Just a thought bro.. totally my views. Please don't take it otherwise.. cheers.
Yes bro. Totally agree. But you cannot use Jio as your primary number as of now. The network is not reliable.
So, 149 + 150 for someone who's just looking for data is expensive and that too from a data preferred network. I'm on Airtel corporate plan, I hardly pay 200 rupees per month for calls. Existing operators are started providing unlimited calls at lower cost. By Jan, all operators will match Jio's plans, but may be a little expensive. But you can pay a little high, if you need good quality, coverage. Nobody can match Airtel's quality. I've used Idea, Vodafone, Reliance, Tata Docomo and aircel. Airtel is THE BEST.

During Chennai floods, all network except Airtel was affected for weeks, may be months.

Its risky to port to Jio. Jio has a long way to go.

Jio has problems in most of her LTE only phones.

As per Trai, Jio has the slowest data speed, moreover, most of the people are using Jio as secondary SIM only.

^ Right bro.. 100% same is my views at present. But looking at the capacity of Jio and current scenario of Trai in mood of taking action against other telecom companies, i am feeling that Jio will come out with success after 31st dec.
I will see another three months after 31st to think about porting my primary Airtel number to Jio.. Airtel have proved it's worth to me since 4 years.. Let's see..

thisisjagan said:
Yes bro. Totally agree. But you cannot use Jio as your primary number as of now. The network is not reliable.
So, 149 + 150 for someone who's just looking for data is expensive and that too from a data preferred network. I'm on Airtel corporate plan, I hardly pay 200 rupees per month for calls. Existing operators are started providing unlimited calls at lower cost. By Jan, all operators will match Jio's plans, but may be a little expensive. But you can pay a little high, if you need good quality, coverage. Nobody can match Airtel's quality. I've used Idea, Vodafone, Reliance, Tata Docomo and aircel. Airtel is THE BEST.

During Chennai floods, all network except Airtel was affected for weeks, may be months.

Its risky to port to Jio. Jio has a long way to go.

Jio has problems in most of her LTE only phones.

As per Trai, Jio has the slowest data speed, moreover, most of the people are using Jio as secondary SIM only.

Dude that TRAI data is based on TRAI's speed test app which is the crappiest app ever, it never checks the correct speed. Even my MTNL 2Mbps connection shows 0.4 Mbps speed on that app sometimes and sometimes 3Mbps, how can you trust that data. (Whereas in reality it is constant in between 1.6Mbps-1.78Mbps)

Also, why don't you understand that Jio is congested as most people are downloading continuously, whereas on other networks, no one will download continuously due to high rates  & the networks will always be congestion free leading to higher speed test results.

Also, in your area Jio might not have Band 40/2300MHz license or network is not present there (which is for high speed data) that's why you are facing the problems. Else, I feel network quality in Mumbai & Pune is better than Airtel or any other operator. Also, calls using Jio have very good quality compared to others.

Also, in those plans, you get Jio apps which might not add any value to you, but surely many users will be happy to have that.

Prathamesh said:
Dude that TRAI data is based on TRAI's speed test app which is the crappiest app ever, it never checks the correct speed. Even my MTNL 2Mbps connection shows 0.4 Mbps speed on that app sometimes and sometimes 3Mbps, how can you trust that data. (Whereas in reality it is constant in between 1.6Mbps-1.78Mbps)

Also, why don't you understand that Jio is congested as most people are downloading continuously, whereas on other networks, no one will download continuously due to high rates  & the networks will always be congestion free leading to higher speed test results.

Also, in your area Jio might not have Band 40/2300MHz license or network is not present there (which is for high speed data) that's why you are facing the problems. Else, I feel network quality in Mumbai & Pune is better than Airtel or any other operator. Also, calls using Jio have very good quality compared to others.

Also, in those plans, you get Jio apps which might not add any value to you, but surely many users will be happy to have that.
Bro, we do have 40 band here. I see the band in Jiofy admin page before doing speed test. Please note, Airtel is still 3rd operator globally with respect to the data downloads.

Many people used Jio and going back to their own operator.

Check the stats to see how many owe a 4g phone, 4g phone with volte and finally 4g phone with Jio. I bet You'll be surprised. Airtel and idea added more customers than Jio in August.

Let's make best out of Jio until 31st December and bury it.

Guys, please let correct me if I'm wrong.

thisisjagan said:
Bro, we do have 40 band here. I see the band in Jiofy admin page before doing speed test. Please note, Airtel is still 3rd operator globally with respect to the data downloads.

Many people used Jio and going back to their own operator.

Check the stats to see how many owe a 4g phone, 4g phone with volte and finally 4g phone with Jio. I bet You'll be surprised. Airtel and idea added more customers than Jio in August.

Let's make best out of Jio until 31st December and bury it.

Guys, please let correct me if I'm wrong.

really lol bro. whatever, I am no more interested in replying to you. This is my final answer, but get your facts right before you speak.
1. Airtel is not 3rd globally. It's Bharati that is 5th which has operations in other country also.
2. Why are you comparing in August while Jio launched for all in september, after that Airtel and Idea are pissing in their pants and blocking Jio's calls as they know Jio's network is better and they can't take it.
Speak with real facts buddy.

{{{{{
Reliance Jio is already the largest network globally in terms of data carried with 16,000 terabytes (TB) per day of traffic, ahead of China Mobile and Vodafone Global that carry 12,000 TB and 6, 000 TB traffic, respectively, on a daily basis, Credit Suisse said in a statement. The analysis comes a day after Trai data findings which showed Jio as the slowest 4G network in the country. Jio's users are are complaining about slow data speeds in the country.

Jio recently said that it has 16 million subscribers as of 30 September with each user consuming 1GB data per day. “This also makes Jio traffic 4.2x larger than Bharti + Idea + Vodafone India combined.
}}}}

Source: Reliance Jio largest network globally with 16K TB data per day: Credit Suisse - ET Telecom

Sarkar said:
After 31st speed in Jio will reach to 100 Mbps bcoz of lack of congestion in the network it is currently facing now.
May be you are right bro. Let's hope for the best.

No, the max speed 4G can reach theoretically is 100Mbps, but in reality it will be less.
From all speedtest results I have seen, being nearest to tower, Jio has shown highest speeds of 60-65Mbps. Many places have shown 50Mbps+ before congestion. Speeds will depend on range also. Even if Jio maintains average speed of more than 30-40Mbps, It would turn out to be one of the best in the world. After reading this report you will see why Mukesh Ambani claims his network is best in the world and how much money they invested in it.

A fact check for those who cry against Jio:

Average 4G speeds in US - 10 Mbps
Average 4G speeds in UK - 14 Mbps
Average 4G speeds in Singapore - 37 Mbps (HIGHEST IN THE WORLD)

Read this eye opening report:
The State of LTE February 2016 - OpenSignal

Back
Top Bottom