The Future of Test Match Cricket

Reaction score
It is quite conceivable to point out that ICC is putting all efforts to regain the lost glory of longer version of the game which in turns reflects the urgency of situation the international body face at his point of time. If one were to be called as an admirer of the game, he has to concede that the interest of the people towards the longer version of the game has been on the lower side since the inception of T20 format. It may be assessed as a grave attitude if one considers the T20 format as an Untouchable one. It is the need of the time, and it is the right tool to proliferate the game to the regions where the game is unknown. So the big question in reference to the future of test matches remains to be answered is How to Survive? Here are some of the suggestions which I in person would like to put before you, the members of this thread, which may or may not be acceptable to you .But a true and concrete discussion on this subject is always welcome…
1. The game should be reduced to 4 days
2. t should be considered as a limited overs game... That means a Maximum of 120 overs is the limit a team can bat in an innings
3. The rules should be in favour of bowlers instead of batters as in ODI and T20I
4. Minimum of Two bouncers should be allowed
5.The matches should be playing under day and night condition so as the people can turn out in large numbers to watch the game

Any other suggestion is welcome

Toss is not required anymore Visiting Captain should be given opportunity to decide to bat or bowl first so Home team don't get advantage n We have more fair results

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock