OTF Exclusive The Ashes 2021-22 | News & Updates

Yet the ECB has only given the green light for the tour on the basis that "several critical conditions" still have to be met by their Australian hosts.

The COVID-19 restrictions in place in Australia had prompted concerns from some England players, yet a series of crisis meetings during the week appear to have appeased them and produced significant progress.

It now seems almost certain - though it remains unconfirmed - that England captain Joe Root, who last week refused to confirm he would tour, will be leading the Australia-bound squad.

Source

tf6V3vP.jpg

Melbourne has just emerged from its sixth lockdown and with vaccinations rate rising rapidly, Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews, hopes to see strong attendances at the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the third of the five Ashes Tests.

He said: "I want to see 80,000 plus people at the Boxing Day Test on day one. We are determined to deliver that. It won't be easy. I think selling the tickets will be pretty easy."

Victoria will need to have 90 per cent of people over the age of 12 fully vaccinated before a crowd of that size is allowed and all attendees for the Test would need to be fully vaccinated

England Updated Squad: Joe Root (C), James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock