India tour of South Africa 2021-22 | News And Updates

The series result is a slap on face of bcci and selectors.
What was the hurry in removing Kohli as captain of one dayers when Rohit Sharma was not even fit to participate in the series?
One thing I had noticed in Kohli's captaincy was that he always gave more than 100% and ensured everyone in the team did the same.
I am doubtful anyone else except maybe Rohit will be able to extract the same from the players.
Agreed. Virat's captaincy skills were questionable only in the shortest format and his decision to hand over the reigns to Rohit in that format alone was absolutely correct except the timing (He should have waited till the WC completion). Removing him from ODI captaincy was done in a haste. He did an excellent job in Tests and ODIs as a captain and the stats speak themselves. Yeah, as a captain, he wasn't able to get us an ICC World trophy, but people needs to remember that winning an ICC World trophy isn't as easy as saying it. It took 28 years for India to win a second world cup and the team that was able to do it was invincible at the time and had a ton of luck as well (Especially the semi final). If captaincy alone could get us the trophy, why was MSD not able to win it again for us in 2015 then? Both the world cups after 2011, I would say we preformed good to reach the semifinals. But those last two steps require a lot of things to work and they didn't. In this series, I got a feeling as if I was watching our ODI performance in 90s, so near yet so far type. Team might do better under Rohit, but Virat's ODI captaincy removal isn't a correct decision IMHO. And Rahul is NOT a captaincy material. Selectors shouldn't even think about it again!!

Team might do better under Rohit, but Virat's ODI captaincy removal isn't a correct decision IMHO.
Agree with you regarding Virat's ODI's captaincy, he has done well in the four years time he had the chance. But I don't think it will help anyone to have two white-ball captains for India. It might cause quite a stir in the dressing room. So, it was inevitable imo. However, when Rohit wasn't available, it's a no-brainer to give Kohli a go in this series as captain which wasn't the case and Indian team paid for it.
And Rahul is NOT a captaincy material. Selectors shouldn't even think about it again!!
He was contender for Test captaincy according to many so-called experts when Kohli announced he is denouncing captaincy. If he was given the same, Indian team will pay for that. Ideally, Rahane should given the role until there was a clear candidate for the same. There aren't many tests anyway in the next year or so, so, taking a desicion in hasty will have more implications.

Sadly.. There will be no effect of this defeat in future as BCCI is fully concentrating it's resources on ipl and it's stakeholders. This was not the case before we had ipl.
I feel this was the only occasion where we didn't have anyone after Virat to succeed as a captain. Succession plans were never in place.
When sourav took over as bcci president everyone hailed him just because he was our best captain ever to represent us. But frankly he turned out to be a complete dud as a administrator along with that good for nothing Jay Shah. Chetan Sharma as chief selector who played in 70/80's is icing on the cake. Dravid should have taken control and conveyed that he wants a team that he can manage. Should have rested all test players and played the odis with the guys who were already there in south Africa with India A.
This is just the beginning. I expect this team to go down and down here on if Dravid doesn't stamp his authority and control of the team.

Last edited:
KL Rahul is personal achievement cricketer and most overrated cricketer right in Indian team and experts. Please remove this guy from all format. Please give change better one. This things said by me in IPL thread also. Just playing personal achievement its not good for team.

KLR Captaincy is Biggest joke

India's whitewashes in ODIs: (minimum 3 match series)

5-0 loss (5) vs WI in IND in 1983/84
3-0 loss (3) vs SL in SL in 1997
3-0 loss (3) vs NZ in NZ in 2020
3-0 loss (3) vs SA in SA in 2022

But I don't think it will help anyone to have two white-ball captains for India. It might cause quite a stir in the dressing room. So, it was inevitable imo
Maybe. But the timing is wrong. Kohli should have been continued for a few more months, they have abruptly removed him.

lxls4M2.jpg

It's Just Like Host SuperSport Broadcaster doing tit for tat...

SuperSport :- " Flower Samjha Hai Kya Humko,
Fire Hai Hum" 🔥🔥🔥

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock