Tata Teleservices' users to be moved to Airtel under ICR pact

Hey all- this is important news. ICR stands for Intra-Circle Roaming. It means that even when we are in Home Network, we can use another network (this is usually allowed only during national roaming). Hence, the seamless migration is that without changing SIM Cards, all DoCoMO customers will get airtel signal on their mobile. This is probably the best way to migrate users. Also, the tariff will remain the same as what users were paying in the DoCoMO network.

The report also says that users may opt for MNP and officially port to airtel, thereby taking advantage of airtel's tariffs. Sharing another relevant link here:
TTSL mobile customers begin transitioning to Airtel network under ICR deal - ET Telecom

Also adding, DoCoMO was under ICR agreement with the then BPL Mobile due to DoCoMO's poor network. I used to get BPL Mobile signal in many areas - since there was no DoCoMO signal there. Its quite helpful and has been the norm in other countries too.

There was a news over a year back, that Jio has entered into such an agreement with BSNL for fallback to 2G network when Jio's 4G is not available. Dont know if it got implemented though.

Source: Reliance Jio, BSNL in intra-circle roaming pact for 2G, 4G - ET Telecom

Just observed, started getting Airtel signal on my Tata DoCoMo sim. The good part is you will get Airtel 3G/4G even if you are in a 2G-only DoCoMo Circle. Please let me know if I can use data at 3G/4G speeds while subscribing to DoCoMo internet plan.

Just observed, started getting Airtel signal on my Tata DoCoMo sim. The good part is you will get Airtel 3G/4G even if you are in a 2G-only DoCoMo Circle. Please let me know if I can use data at 3G/4G speeds while subscribing to DoCoMo internet plan.
For me Airtel is showing as TATA DOCOMO. Getting two TATA DOCOMO at manual search.

Docomo SIMs are not 4G ready, so you won't be able to access Airtel 4G unless you port out. (I guess)

Also, Docomo should have informed about this properly.

If this is true so why a Vodafone Store near me has a poster that all TATA DOCOMO customer are welcome you can migrate to Vodafone with same old postpaid plan.

What's wrong with poster ? It's a free country and anyone can lure anyone's customers

I have a peculiar problem. I'm having a T24 SIM (issued by Big Bazaar) - it is just a sub-brand of Tata DoCoMo, and so uses the same network. Everytime while shopping, I get free talktime and validity of this cumulative accumulated free talktime gets extended by 3 months each time I shop at Big Bazaar. Now even after using the SIM, I have accumulated around Rs 500 in my "Free Talktime" bucket.

Since it is under ICR pact with Airtel, I get airtel network and the SIM works all fine. But if I choose to port, this promotional "Free Talktime" will be lost. My main balance is just Rs 2. T24 maintains two separate buckets for this usual main balance and "Free Talktime" balance.

Given this situation, what should I do? Just continue? Will there be a time when airtel will eventually force me onto their prepaid plan and confiscate the "Free Talktime" ?

I have a peculiar problem. I'm having a T24 SIM (issued by Big Bazaar) - it is just a sub-brand of Tata DoCoMo, and so uses the same network. Everytime while shopping, I get free talktime and validity of this cumulative accumulated free talktime gets extended by 3 months each time I shop at Big Bazaar. Now even after using the SIM, I have accumulated around Rs 500 in my "Free Talktime" bucket.

Since it is under ICR pact with Airtel, I get airtel network and the SIM works all fine. But if I choose to port, this promotional "Free Talktime" will be lost. My main balance is just Rs 2. T24 maintains two separate buckets for this usual main balance and "Free Talktime" balance.

Given this situation, what should I do? Just continue? Will there be a time when airtel will eventually force me onto their prepaid plan and confiscate the "Free Talktime" ?
You will just keep enjoying ur plan bcoz airtel will never force you to choose their plan. Ya but now BiggBazaar has stopped giving that free sim card.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock