Seeking Help Suggest me a small & light weight Smart Phone

Maheswar

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I need to buy a a Smart phone of 5 to 5.5 inch screen size for my wife. We both are senior citizens and my wife is having difficulty in holding the 6.6 inch phone she is having now. She uses smart phone only for Whatsapp to connect with family and friends. No other use.

Please suggest me a good smart phone other than Apple and Google Pixel phones. 5G not compulsory. 4G will do. Screen size should be within 5.5 inch and light weight with minimum 3GB RAM.

Thanking you.

Hi, I need to buy a a Smart phone of 5 to 5.5 inch screen size for my wife. We both are senior citizens and my wife is having difficulty in holding the 6.6 inch phone she is having now. She uses smart phone only for Whatsapp to connect with family and friends. No other use.

Please suggest me a good smart phone other than Apple and Google Pixel phones. 5G not compulsory. 4G will do. Screen size should be within 5.5 inch and light weight with minimum 3GB RAM.

Thanking you.
Redmi Note 12 5G

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. But the screen size of the phone you suggested is 6.7 inch which is very big. My requirement is phone with 5.5 inches screen size, which I clearly mentioned

Thank you. But the screen size of the phone you suggested is 6.7 inch which is very big. My requirement is phone with 5.5 inches screen size, which I clearly mentioned
In the year of 2023 5.5 inch smartphone are not coming...
In 2016 this kind of 5.5 inch smartphone was available, now a days it is hard to impossible...

I had 5.5 inch phone Lenovo k5 in 2016 when jio in newly launched

Samsung continued to launch phone screen size below 6 inch screen size - J6 & A7 5.6 in 2018 , other J series and A - series phones , S9 - 5.8 screen size in 2018.

in S series though sadly nowadays they have increased min screen size to 6.1- S22 base version or S20 . compared to earlier less screen size phones of new phones are only available in higher price segment with few options from 1 or 2 companies , may be they do realize people are willing to pay premium for short screen size nowadays .

Sir try buying pop socket/ ring holder which is used to help holding bigger screen phones even youngsters feel difficulty while holding bigger screen phones its one of the reasons why pop socket type phone accessory sales increasing in world and phone makers still continue to make small screen size phones to some extent.

Last edited:
Hi, I need to buy a a Smart phone of 5 to 5.5 inch screen size for my wife. We both are senior citizens and my wife is having difficulty in holding the 6.6 inch phone she is having now.
True Sir, holding that big smartphone is big task. In that case JioPhone Next is only option left for ma'am. Or you can visit near by showrooms where you can buy old stock if they have any.

No smart phone available for 5.5 inch.I am sure she can handel 6.4 inch phone(samsung s21fe 5g) or 6.1 inch phone(iPhone 13 or 14).These are very comfortable to hold.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock