Stop buying Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco phones. You will regret it.

• Thread starter Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 53
  • Views Views: Views 2,839
@iDJ I am sorry for your experience, but I have never faced any issue with any Xiaomi phone till date. My brother and me bought Redmi 4 and Note 4 in sales and they are still running great. Xiaomi is responsible for data revolution brought by Jio to reach it to customers. Not many people could afford Samsung that time. I don't even know which year I bought Redmi Note 4. Bought for father as well, he dropped in water or chemical in factory and phone succumbed to death. After that he has been using Motorola Edge 40 Fusion, but he misses RN4 a lot.
Even me and my brother who brought several phones after that, but we are so attached to Redmi as a brand, we have still kept it. Just for alarm and telegram and WhatsApp for another number.

Redmi Note 4/5 Pro/7/7 Pro sold really well over the years. Then it came famous device of Redmi Note 10 Pro. It gave Redmi really big name(in a good or bad way). Redmi was pioneered for industry first, be it processor, battery charging camera and what not. Even after Realme came and took everything with storm, Redmi was going strong. But Redmi Note 10 Pro dented all the experience because it crossed 20K selling mark. That's why people expected better from Redmi and yes it was stellar product. But success doesn't come so easy. Redmi became arrogant and they paid price for it. So Redmi pushed and increased the pricing for various devices and they went with cost cutting by implementing Dimensity chipsets. Dimensity 810 powered phones, Poco F3 GT and so on. Note series nobody buys because of Dimensity chipsets and their poor post-processing. That's why Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus and Redmi Note 13 Pro Plus didn't sell well. You should have put superior snapdragon powered chipset in it and you could have won. But Xiaomi became arrogant and Realme took advantage and 7 Pro to 13 Pro Plus, Realme did really well in camera department. Now Xiaomi doesn't have anything in 30-50K segment. Don't tell that Xiaomi 14 Civi. It's absolute garbage device. Doesn't even deserve 30K. But yes, Poco F5, Poco F6, Xiaomi 13 Pro and Xiaomi 14 Ultra has made their mark in Indian market. It's just software that is pulling them back. I hope they work on it really soon.

Use phone from Xiaomi with Dimensity chipset and from Vivo with same chipset. Vivo or Realme will be well optimised phone. You won't find it in Xiaomi for some odd reason. Whatever is working for you, why to change it?

Xiaomi 11T Pro snapdragon 888
Xiaomi 12T Pro snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
Poco X5 Pro with snapdragon 778G

All successful.

Why you need to change and bring Mediatek for 13T(Poco X6 Pro). Absolutely garbage phones. Same is going to happen with 14T series(Poco X7 Pro with Dimensity 8400, Realme 14 Pro Plus might use this chipset, let's see that time who optimises it well). Dimensity is not bad by any means, but Xiaomi is not able to optimise it at all. Push snapdragon for multiple chips and optimise it well for your device, that's should be priority for Xiaomi.

Same thing happened with Exynos and Google combination. By looking at Pixel 9 Pro XL, I was hopeful Xiaomi+Mediatek combination will work wonders, but that's not the case actually. I hope 14T Pro works well with Dimensity 9300 and Dimensity 8400.

Each OEMs have their advantages and disadvantages. But Xiaomi stands tall in all their categories as of now.

Redmi 12 5G(12K)
Poco X6(snapdragon 7s Gen 2+Gorilla Glass Victus+Amoled display)(16-20K)
Poco X6 Pro(A little higher)
Poco F5/Poco F6 absolute monsters for a price(under 30K)
Xiaomi 14(60-70K)
Xiaomi 14 Ultra (80-90K)

I wish snapdragon releases quiet a good chipsets in October. 7s Gen 3 is going to power Xiaomi Redmi Note 14 Pro. 7 Gen 4 should come(Realme is going to use it). 7+ Gen 4 is coming as well. 8 Gen 4 is already there along with 8+ Gen 4. Don't go for Mediatek.

I have used only one Xiaomi phone. Redmi Note 10 Pro.

The major issue with it was few people having their phone's front camera dying. However, I was from the ultra rare list who got fingerprint sensor dead.

I got realme GT Neo 3T after this. Works great and have much better screen than RN10Pro as well. I might get OnePlus or Samsung next time though.

You missed one of my points. That alternatives are too expensive. You won't get a decent Samsung or any non Chinese device around ₹15k. Apple is just out of question. Indian brands are hopeless.
There are excellent options from Samsung in that range. Probably a few years ago, there weren’t, but now that’s not the case.

There are excellent options from Samsung in that range. Probably a few years ago, there weren’t, but now that’s not the case.
Can you recommend the models? I seemed to find one or two options.

You missed one of my points. That alternatives are too expensive. You won't get a decent Samsung or any non Chinese device around ₹15k. Apple is just out of question. Indian brands are hopeless.
There are so many alternatives in the market, Like samsung, motorola for a good device. It's not about high end specs, decent hardware. The hardware is using in the device is like third grade copy from the manufacturer. it's not secure os. Chinese device is Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom