Stop buying Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco phones. You will regret it.

• Thread starter Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 53
  • Views Views: Views 2,839
My experience with Xiaomi :
Back in 2018, I used an MI phone somewhere around 7-8k at that time. I was at school and I had many projects for MS Word (on computer) in school. So I downloaded MS Word from Play Store in my phone thinking that I could practice at home. Just as I launched the app, my phone died : )
I can still remember the horrors of that; still gives me the creeps. I went to the service centre (which were then pathetic in my area). It took them one and half week to say that the motherboard was dead.

In 2021, my father handled me his old phone which he bought at that time only (after the MS Word incident 😁). It's MI Note 5A (not launched in India) and the fact is that I still have it (only for secondary purposes) and I'm typing on it.
However it has a lot of problems:
• I can't download an app coz it will just lag and just lag.
• I have to factory reset the phone every month for its proper working.
• The third problem is quite unique, it's storage is flexible:). After reboot it allows me almost 7 GB storage space after the necessary updates of Google services. But I don't know why it decreases to 2.5 GB within a month. Although I do clear the cache and data of unnecessary apps.
And sometimes it increases to 3.5 GB automatically after decreasing. Unique na!
I'm sure there is no malware into it.

I use this phone occasionally and for secondary purposes.

Summing up:
It's good if you handle with care but it is pathetic sometimes.

And I just remembered that
My cousin's Poco X2 Pro display automatically turned white and blue while he was watching YouTube last year. The display and the phone nothing was working and he had to switch to Vivo; though he has lost his trust in Xiaomi phones.

SOOOO BIG...Huh! :)

My Xiaomi experience has also been really bad.
I have owned 3 Xiaomi phones - Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3 for myself and Poco X3 for mom.

When the phones initially launched they were having really good performance, especially considering their price point. However 2 years down the line, the MIUI software updates would cripple the phone to an extent where it would start overheating.

I always had to either get a custom ROM, or downgrade to an older MIUI in order to have a functional phone. Thank god we got rid of the last Mi phone in the house - Poco X3 and replaced it with Nothing Phone 2a.

Our house is now almost free of Chinese electronics. Only thing that remains now is the Haier TV, which has also started to develop issues. Looking to replace it with any Linux TV.

My Xiaomi experience has also been really bad.
I have owned 3 Xiaomi phones - Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3 for myself and Poco X3 for mom.

When the phones initially launched they were having really good performance, especially considering their price point. However 2 years down the line, the MIUI software updates would cripple the phone to an extent where it would start overheating.

I always had to either get a custom ROM, or downgrade to an older MIUI in order to have a functional phone. Thank god we got rid of the last Mi phone in the house - Poco X3 and replaced it with Nothing Phone 2a.

Our house is now almost free of Chinese electronics. Only thing that remains now is the Haier TV, which has also started to develop issues. Looking to replace it with any Linux TV.
Which brand you are using right now?

Mix experience here too, and this boot loop issue is horrible but then I went to unlock the bootloader and removed everything from Miui and loaded custom ROMs everytime bootloop issues happened in any of the phone.

Poco F1 still running fine with Pixel Experience as backup phone and as landline alternate for Jio Fiber.

Mix experience here too, and this boot loop issue is horrible but then I went to unlock the bootloader and removed everything from Miui and loaded custom ROMs everytime bootloop issues happened in any of the phone.

Poco F1 still running fine with Pixel Experience as backup phone and as landline alternate for Jio Fiber.
Mostly it doesn't happen to snapdragon powered devices in Redmi and Poco. Exception being Poco X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro. Rest of the devices are working fine. Those Redmi Note 10 Pro with custom roms are working superfine in my experience. Poco F5/Poco F6 are working superfine with custom roms. Get snapdragon powered Redmi Note device, you won't face any issue. Wait for Redmi Note 14 Pro with snapdragon 7s Gen 3 and good camera under 30K.

I've had a great experience with Xiaomi phones. My Mi 3, purchased in 2017, still works perfectly, and my new POCO X6 5G is also functioning flawlessly without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom