Sports Broadcasting and streaming rights in India

Saw it on Wikipedia list of official broadcasters for AFCON
Anyone can edit Wikipedia post. I am 100% sure there is no broadcaster for AFCON matches. Unless Viacom signs a last minute deal which they usually do. 🖖

Something doesn't add up. According to some twitter users CAF TV was streaming live on their youtube channels. The stream got removed midway. So someone sure has the rights of AFCON or they wouldn't have geo blocked it.

Something doesn't add up. According to some twitter users CAF TV was streaming live on their youtube channels. The stream got removed midway. So someone sure has the rights of AFCON or they wouldn't have geo blocked it.
It was scheduled to be shown on CAF TV YouTube channel. I had checked it 1 hour before the start of Ethiopia vs Cape Verde match.

It was scheduled to be shown on CAF TV YouTube channel. I had checked it 1 hour before the start of Ethiopia vs Cape Verde match.
Matches are live streaming now on youtube.

@Saichaitanya4496 bro.

Badminton removed from Hotstar. Kind of confirms the rights being moved from Star to Sony.

Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates
Yes, I have noticed it last week itself. However, just waiting for the confirmation from SONY via PR or something else to check if they have rights for entire BWF tour. Some tournaments opt to sell independently as well. Star India had renewed BWF agreement last cycle as well after 3-4 months of expiry of agreements. Let's just wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock