• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,916

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
In 2015 we got Copa America cup in 4k on Sony Six 4k. In 2019 DSport will air in SD only. Coming to most watched sport on Indian television . ICC World Cup is going on. On particular days two matches are taking place at same time. Star Sports has 5 HD channels. Despite that they will air every second match in SD only. Not airing Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather is one thing. But not airing cricket in HD is disgrace as you try to air cricket matches on multiple channels when a football league is taking place.

Completely agree. I've been vocal about this on this forum from a very long time. Now they're using both SS1 and SS2 as well as SS Select 1 and all their regional channels for telecasting WC which is absurd. Now that we have a new Wrestling promotion "AEW" which will go on air from October, will Star try to get the rights for that like they had TNA's broadcast rights like a decade ago? I doubt it. They have completely ignored all other sporting events except cricket. This is why i have almost completely stopped watching TV other than football which looks better on TV.

Completely agree. I've been vocal about this on this forum from a very long time. Now they're using both SS1 and SS2 as well as SS Select 1 and all their regional channels for telecasting WC which is absurd. Now that we have a new Wrestling promotion "AEW" which will go on air from October, will Star try to get the rights for that like they had TNA's broadcast rights like a decade ago? I doubt it. They have completely ignored all other sporting except cricket. This is why i have almost completely stopped watching TV other than football which looks better on TV.
DSports will most likely pick up AEW. But I hope that doesn't happen as discovery doesn't buy rights of pay per views.

DSports will most likely pick up AEW. But I hope that doesn't happen as discovery doesn't buy rights of pay per views.
Exactly, we need a big player in sports section. Viacom 18 should seriously consider entering. The issue is Star has a lot of money and us as viewers don't have a say on what they can broadcast. They can have the rights to all the sporting events and not telecast any of it. I remember 7-8years back when star had only 2 channels for football we had to make online petitions to get that particular match to be telecasted and it used to work well but now nothing works. This is why Monopoly is terrible.

Didn't mean to revive this old thread. But I have got a brilliant idea for Discovery. They should rebrand Jeet Prime to Hindi sports channel. Even the name itself speaks out loud to be a sports a channel. Until relaunch of DSports HD. They can air all premium sports in Hindi. Just show people indy wrestling in Hindi. People will already be hooked to your channels.

In 2015 we got Copa America cup in 4k on Sony Six 4k. In 2019 DSport will air in SD only. Coming to most watched sport on Indian television . ICC World Cup is going on. On particular days two matches are taking place at same time. Star Sports has 5 HD channels. Despite that they will air every second match in SD only. Not airing Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather is one thing. But not airing cricket in HD is disgrace as you try to air cricket matches on multiple channels when a football league is taking place.
Omg. So SS 2 HD is mirror of SS 1 HD??

The issue is that Star only has the money and not the brains. I still find Sony much more responsible in catering the needs of their viewers, no matter how niche the genre is. If they have the rights for a particular event they will broadcast it.
Star, on the other hand, is totally money oriented. Don't be surprised if one day a cricket match featuring India is broadcast on all of their 70-80 channels.

No, Tour de France broadcasters either this year. :angry2:

Sony had 6 channels with no live sporting event airing. Yet, they skipped the first 1 and a half hour of SummerSlam pre show because of cricket on Ten 1 and Ten 1 HD. What kind of planning is? Pre shows doesn't even get a repeat telecast. Why promote your sports bouquets? When you don't even use it properly?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock