Sports Broadcasting and streaming rights in India

Sony was showing this ahead of Bundesliga.Talk about planning and priorities.
What I dont get is if they can have both Tamil and Telugu audio in Sony Ten4 why did they bother launching this channel just use the same technology to add Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam audio into Sony Ten3 and free up Sony Ten4 for other sports content.

What I dont get is if they can have both Tamil and Telugu audio in Sony Ten4 why did they bother launching this channel just use the same technology to add Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam audio into Sony Ten3 and free up Sony Ten4 for other sports content.
I always felt that Indian sports broadcasters try to force the audience to watch content sponsored by them.Many times i have seen Premier league Karate or Kho-Kho given priority over Bundesliga and Serie A by Sony(Last yr.).There is no way the audience for PL Karate would be more than that of BLiga or Serie A.

I always felt that Indian sports broadcasters try to force the audience to watch content sponsored by them.Many times i have seen Premier league Karate or Kho-Kho given priority over Bundesliga and Serie A by Sony(Last yr.).There is no way the audience for PL Karate would be more than that of BLiga or Serie A.
I think it is more about advertising like for Bundesliga or Serie A you have to show 45mins live nonstop whereas for other sports like Kho Kho they can put ad breaks in between so that they can generate more revenue

I think it is more about advertising like for Bundesliga or Serie A you have to show 45mins live nonstop whereas for other sports like Kho Kho they can put ad breaks in between so that they can generate more revenue
I am pretty sure that the Ad agencies as well as the companies would be doing their own research's to see if audience is engaged in the content where their ads are played.Who will pay money for ads which only say 100 ppl would watch

I am pretty sure that the Ad agencies as well as the companies would be doing their own research's to see if audience is engaged in the content where their ads are played.Who will pay money for ads which only say 100 ppl would watch
I think they are doing this mainly for the regional market coz I know for a fact that Arasu cable in TN dont show Sony Ten1, Sony Ten2 and Sony Ten3 also Star channels unless there are event like India matches or World Cup. I literally had to beg with the cable provider so that he would add Star Select once to watch a SF between Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal when I was in my aunt house.

However they always provide Sony Ten4 and Star Sports Tamil so most of the time the people who watch sports like WWE and all in cable in TN watch it on these channels so when events like Volleyball and all come they telecast it in all channels knowing full well that the channels in the regional markets will only have these sports events. I am quite sure that if Volleyball league had clashed with AO Final last week AO final would have been only shown in one channel and rest all would have had Volleyball coz eventhough there are more fans for AO final those fans would be prepared to pay the extra money to watch it in DTH whereas the other normal people who subscribe cable wont go to the trouble of asking for cable operators to show AO final they would be satisfied with a live sports event shown in their regional language.

This is exploitation of the people by the cable operators and the broadcasters who want people to buy their channels when niche events are telecast.

PS: I have nothing against Volleyball in fact I love it and just gave it as an example here

Local events draws more ad revenue. Subscription revenues are peanuts.

Do you think a Premier Karate league would draw more audience or ads than BLiga?
Yes. Because it would simulcast across multiple channels. Even if Football gets high end premium ads. Ad slot is extremely limited.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock