Seeking Help Should I Buy Fire TV Cube or Not?

Dr Saurabh

Reaction score
Hello friends,
Currently I am using LG (SM8100PTA) 4K Nano Cell HDR TV, which is 65 inches. In LG's operating system WebOS.. hotstar, zee5, sony liv these video streaming applications are not able to provide Full HD+, UHD 4K content properly and there is no time limit whether it will be available in future. Also starting from Amazon Prime Day 26th & 27th July right now That's why I want to ask you. Should I buy Fire TV Cube or not? Please help me.

Currently two "reliable" options if you want to buy a 4K streaming box:
1. Fire TV cube /stick
2. Apple TV 4K

I would go for Apple TV 4K any day.

Bro, what about your recent Sony TV purchase?

Currently two "reliable" options if you want to buy a 4K streaming box:
1. Fire TV cube /stick
2. Apple TV 4K

I would go for Apple TV 4K any day.

Bro, what about your recent Sony TV purchase?
I don't have an iPhone or any Apple device, but is it okay to buy an Apple TV 4K?

I don't have an iPhone or any Apple device, but is it okay to buy an Apple TV 4K?
Yes you can buy apple tv 4k pretty much, can use as a normal ott box. Superb Quality that any other ott device
Even you can cast from youtube on android phone
Airplay wont work as you dont have any other Apple device

I have apple tv 4k but dont have iphone, can tell from my experience

In fire tv segment, I would suggest to go with fire tv 4k stick (i am using for other tv) instead fire tv cube, you can control tv power volume, input using fire tv 4k stick remote
Reason for suggesting, not to go with cube
1. price.. though you get both handsfree alexa and fire tv in same device, but price not worth.
2. Cube is placed near tv, so most often Alexa gets activated,if tv ad or video says alexa word.
3. Setting up and operating most of the IR equipment with cube is so convoluted.. you have to remember what to say to Alexa as most function only work thru voice, remote has limited buttons. Moreover Alexa doesn't recognise sometimes.. adds to frustration.

Is Apple TV 4K worth to pay 3 times more than FTS 4K ? It's just a streaming device like FTS 4K... How much difference The Picture quality and audio between 2? Both have Dolby vision,Dolby atmos and what else Apple TV 4k offers more? Both r 4K HDR and providing the ultimate quality...

This comparison is to know much about Apple TV 4K for my knowledge only...

Will I always need an Apple TV Plus subscription to use Apple TV 4K ?
Apple TV Plus subscription is not required to use Apple TV 4K. You get it free for 3 months, though, when you buy the streaming device.
Is Apple TV 4K worth to pay 3 times more than FTS 4K ? It's just a streaming device like FTS 4K... How much difference The Picture quality and audio between 2? Both have Dolby vision,Dolby atmos and what else Apple TV 4k offers more? Both r 4K HDR and providing the ultimate quality...

This comparison is to know much about Apple TV 4K for my knowledge only...
Three times more is definitely high, although the performance is superior. If you have a Home theater room/setup, you can definitely invest. The quality, especially audio, is far superior to the Fire Stick 4K. PQ is more or less the same. And obviously, the performance of Apple TV in navigation, opening apps and moving around within any app is higher. The volume levels are also higher on Apple TV 4K. I personally compared both the devices side by side. If the Apple TV 4K is priced around that 10k bracket, it would be a steal!

Will I always need an Apple TV Plus subscription to use Apple TV 4K ?
And I think 1 Year Apple TV+ subscription free with any apple Device is still available
I got free in Nov 2019 with Apple Tv 4k, which was extended two times by Apple free of cost and ended 7th July 2021

Apple TV Plus subscription is not required to use Apple TV 4K. You get it free for 3 months, though, when you buy the streaming device.

Three times more is definitely high, although the performance is superior. If you have a Home theater room/setup, you can definitely invest. The quality, especially audio, is far superior to the Fire Stick 4K. PQ is more or less the same. And obviously, the performance of Apple TV in navigation, opening apps and moving around within any app is higher. The volume levels are also higher on Apple TV 4K. I personally compared both the devices side by side. If the Apple TV 4K is priced around that 10k bracket, it would be a steal!
Absolutely agree on performance part, but yes Apple Devices are costly... and costier in India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock