Discussion Samsung Galaxy S21 Series - S21, S21+, S21 Ultra - News and Updates

Pressure from OEMs I guess. They should be stricter on these things.
Google's Android has never been able top draw a line between being an open source platform and being strict about policies that makes these things easier for users. Otherwise, Android One program could have been a big hit

When phones nowadays start with storage of 128GB, I find it ridiculous that Samsung still hasn't enabled A/B. A/B partitioning eats away only 3GB memory. 3GB in front of 128GB - Let's consider even 112GB after 'other' System storage - is paltry...

Heck, even Redmi's basic phone like Redmi 9 supports A/B, why can't S'hame'sung?
It's not about the storage probably. I guess Samsung wants the say in what they will do and what they won't in their phones!

It's not about the storage probably. I guess Samsung wants the say in what they will do and what they won't in their phones!
If something only benefits, and doesn't bring any disadvantages, what stops Samsung from bringing it?

Every other manufacturer has it on all their phones..

Actually having A/B system partition may limit the number of bloatware (M$ bloat, Samsung's own galaxy of bloat, some Google bloat, other bloat, occasional game bloats) in their low end smartphones, I guess. So either they have to follow A/B for mid and high end phones & single system partition for low end phones (some still comes with 1GB RAM and 16GB Storage). So Sammy might have dropped the idea, which is NOT at all good...

Actually having A/B system partition may limit the number of bloatware (M$ bloat, Samsung's own galaxy of bloat, some Google bloat, other bloat, occasional game bloats)
Not really. They can have it on both slots as well..
some still comes with 1GB RAM and 16GB Storage
I have seen some phones of 2018 work fine on A/B with 16GB storage...

New software update live for S21 Ultra (India).

Notify Update

CVXYN9i.jpg

All wet and nowhere to go? Sounds like a Galaxy S21 we know. A time-lapse photography channel on YouTube is putting the new Samsung mobile flagship through an extended immersion test just to see how long it can last underwater. The answer is yet to be found, but we do know that it won't be a short one.

As of press time, the particular S21 unit seen on stream has been survived sitting in a fish tank for more than 240 hours or 10 days.

Source

A madman has been livestreaming a Galaxy S21 underwater for 11 days — and it's still working

New software update live for S21 Ultra (India).

UBJ8zt3.jpg

In early February, the Galaxy S21 series received the February 2021 Android security patch in its first post-launch update. However, users on Reddit and Samsung’s forums discovered the update may have caused battery drain issues on some devices. Those experiencing issues noted that switching the phone to airplane mode halted the drain, which suggested mobile network connectivity was the culprit.

A second update, pushed to users on February 14, seemingly plugged the drain. Per PhoneArena, the update brought firmware version G99xBXXU1AUB6 and weighed in just under 260MB. Per the changelog, it brought device stability improvements, additional performance buffs, and enhanced features.

Latest Samsung Galaxy S21 update aims to fix battery drain issues

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock