Discussion Reliance JioFiber FTTH Internet Service - Queries & General Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 770
  • Views Views: Views 189,430
@ unirockers, which was the destination server while you did the speed test?

Unirockers bro what about TV?

TV and Telephone after Official Launch.

@ unirockers, which was the destination server while you did the speed test?

Jio's own server in Mumbai.

Here are more speedtest samples if interested;

untitl10.jpg

st10.jpg

fullsc10.jpg

Just tried to open Mega. For those who don't know Mega is a NZ based cloud storage company. Just like Google Drive. I often upload files to Mega to save HDD space as it offers me 50GB space for free. Jio has blocked this. But this can be easily bypassed using Mega's browser extension. But after realizing this i tried to find out if they've blocked web proxies, and as in the above image. Almost all web proxies on googles first page (of "free online proxy" search results) were blocked. If a website is blocked on JioGigaFiber it won't show u the message saying its blocked on orders from DoT, instead it only shows u browsers default white page. Means Jio is blocking it out of the box and on its own. Maybe because Reliance also invests in Film Studios and Media. But they should not mislead customers and honestly show the "website has been blocked" page.

Last edited:
Is it possible to provide gigafibre using the fibres which are dug on roadside to connect towers or do they require separate fibre line for ftth?

Last edited:
Is it possible to provide gigafibre using the fibres which are dug on roadside to connect towers or so they require separate fibre line for ftth?
Technically it is possible. But they may not touch them and add additional cables as they wouldn't like to interrupt services anytime. They will add parallel cables. Mobile towers are mission critical and shouldn't be disturbed

Technically it is possible. But they may not touch them and add additional cables as they wouldn't like to interrupt services anytime. They will add parallel cables. Mobile towers are mission critical and shouldn't be disturbed
Thanks for the answer. I live in a village and here Jio guys are digging roadside for fibre. They are using one green pipe and one blue pipe. BSNL and Local cable ftth is available here so I am optimistic about Jio.

Thanks for the answer. I live in a village and here Jio guys are digging roadside for fibre. They are using one green pipe and one blue pipe. BSNL and Local cable ftth is available here so I am optimistic about Jio.
You guys are pretty much lucky when compared to me. I live in army area and haven't yet seen a single fibre cable of Jio! Although there's a Jio Tower about 300 mtrs from my house.😔

You guys are pretty much lucky when compared to me. I live in army area and haven't yet seen a single fibre cable of Jio! Although there's a Jio Tower about 300 mtrs from my house.😔
I think they are digging only for connecting tower. There's no jio tower near my place 😣

Back
Top Bottom